Did anyone notice...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Vortexinfo.com now has the base model price listed as $99,999? Jesus Tap-dancin' Christ!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dont' forget $5500.00 to have their name on your truck too!! Gotta admit that's a smart marketing move, but pity the dummy who pays that.

I'll take a couple of butlers with bells and whistles for the same or less cost, being able to do twice as many jobs in a day every time.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Dont' forget $5500.00 to have their name on your truck too!! Gotta admit that's a smart marketing move, but pity the dummy who pays that.

I'll take a couple of butlers with bells and whistles for the same or less cost, being able to do twice as many jobs in a day every time.

Actually the wrap price is about right for that size truck, I just payed $3700 for my van wrap in July.

F

FB7777

Amen to that Ken

I bet Judson could build a dual wanding heat monster, install it in a cab forward and save you $25K over a

Limited Edition ( read who's gonna build me next generation ) $100K Vortex

Chris A

Name
Chris
fred boyle said:
Amen to that Ken

I bet Judson could build a dual wanding heat monster, install it in a cab forward and save you $25K over a

LOL don't you mean One of a Kind?!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Chris my young friend, you paid way too much imo, especially in this economy. I can get a Vortex size wrap for less than that and a van in the 2k range.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Chris my young friend, you paid way too much imo, especially in this economy. I can get a Vortex size wrap for less than that and a van in the 2k range.

a wrap, wrap? Like full vinyl? I though all your vans/trucks were painted and lettered?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
They are, and they only cost us about 1k for that. I've been pricing wraps for years to see if the price would get closer to our cost to do it in paint and lettering.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
They are, and they only cost us about 1k for that. I've bee oricing wraps for years to see if the price would get closer to our cost to do it in paint and lettering.

would make it a lot easier for you guys when it comes time to sell 'em. Just peel off the wrap.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I went with the lettering over the wrap ..way to many trees around here and they get all scratched up......with the lettering if I mess one up I just take it into the guy who set up the truck and he takes off the bad one and replaces it for me.....Plus it was cheaper to do the entire truck then what a wrap cost...around $800 bucks..and that included a few extras that I wanted done....and he only charges me $10 bucks to replace a torn letter.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our costs are different obviously and I concur they must be high res to minimize pixilation.

Ken
Ps Chris we do all body work too so they would still need to be repainted at end of service cycle.

S

ServiceMasterRalph

Never in a million years will I pay that much for a over kill piece of metal! :mrgreen:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Well,..Ken you situation is different. You have your minions you can send 2 guys out a box truck for rugs … I’m sure you run multiply pickup and delivery trucks daily, Multiply guys for residential & Multiply guys for commercial and have plenty of employees left over …basically your issues are far removed from a small owner he has the size and labor to separate these out so yeah a big truck makes no sense for you.

For us “small guys” running multiply services the “big truck” has simply made what some of us do much more efficient and adds extra value and income. it would be stupid for me to buy standard van like a butler to do a job across town only to run back to the shop to pick up rugs and since 90% of my business is rugs often multiply times back to the shop wasting time, fuel …money. We can do it all in one run with one truck. This is even more true for guys like Steve Frasier doing commercial work at night where they need to bounce from carpet extraction to encap to tile to hard surface carrying all the tools needed… floor scrubbers, burnishers, tile tools, wands, hoses they had to take two truck and now can do it all in one.

So take a standard “cheaper van” X by 2 even at lower acquisitions per vehicle you pay higher aggregate cost , insurance, maintenance, fuel, signage.

fred boyle said:
Amen to that Ken

Leslie Judson Jones said:
FordLCFsideviewMMJJMM.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
rhyde said:
Well,..Ken you situation is different. You have your minions you can send 2 guys out a box truck for rugs … I’m sure you run multiply pickup and delivery trucks daily, Multiply guys for residential & Multiply guys for commercial and have plenty of employees left over …basically your issues are far removed from a small owner he has the size and labor to separate these out so yeah a big truck makes no sense for you.

For us “small guys” running multiply services the “big truck” has simply made what some of us do much more efficient and adds extra value and income. it would be stupid for me to buy standard van like a butler to do a job across town only to run back to the shop to pick up rugs and since 90% of my business is rugs often multiply times back to the shop wasting time, fuel …money. We can do it all in one run with one truck. This is even more true for guys like Steve Frasier doing commercial work at night where they need to bounce from carpet extraction to encap to tile to hard surface carrying all the tools needed… floor scrubbers, burnishers, tile tools, wands, hoses they had to take two truck and now can do it all in one.

So take a standard “cheaper van” X by 2 even at lower acquisitions per vehicle you pay higher aggregate cost , insurance, maintenance, fuel, signage.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ken was arguing the Vortex, we got sidetracked into discussing the wrap on my Chevy van...

Name
Nate W.
Chris Adkins said:
rhyde said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ken was arguing the Vortex, we got sidetracked into discussing the wrap on my Chevy van...

What you having for dinner?? because this thread got highjacked along time ago. :lol:

Wraps are retardedly expensive here and I'd just letter it, if that's what I wanted.

Chris A

Name
Chris
actually that was the second hijacking, now on to the third, looking like Pizza at the moment...ol' ladies' at the new house cleaning, I just got back... mmmmm.... pepperoni.

Name
Nate W.
Chris Adkins said:
actually that was the second hijacking, now on to the third, looking like Pizza at the moment...ol' ladies' at the new house cleaning, I just got back... mmmmm.... pepperoni.

I like grilled chicken and pineapple. Although I don't eat pork. I wasn't raise on it and it makes me sick. Plus, it's a dirty animal. :lol:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":1qeznm67]actually that was the second hijacking, now on to the third, looking like Pizza at the moment...ol' ladies' at the new house cleaning, I just got back... mmmmm.... pepperoni.

I like grilled chicken and pineapple. Although I don't eat pork. I wasn't raise on it and it makes me sick. Plus, it's a dirty animal. :lol:[/quote:1qeznm67]

pepperoni is pork? I always thought they just planted sausage seeds...

I have a local guy that wraps vans for $250 - $350. IDK how he does it for hundreds less then neone else but he does. I've referred several custy's in the past to him. I have seen vans that he did 5 years ago and the vinyl still looks great.

I've also been told (from my franchise) that you should go with a seven year vinyl not sure what my guy uses to be honest but they seem to last.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Chris Adkins said:
. I could be wrong, but I don't think Ken was arguing the Vortex, we got sidetracked into discussing the wrap on my Chevy van...
Ken Snow said:

Next time read the whole post. Regardless the point isn’t that Ken is wrong particularly for his company but some of us benefit from a truck that can prvidde multiply services and carry the tools without having to run back to the shop 5 times a day.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Chris, be nice or Ii'll call Steph and tell her your already calling her "'the old lady ' lol. geez man you're not allowed to say that till for at least 5 years after the wedding, though I know you've been together longer than that.

Shawn, we run 2 person crews on our Butlers and I stand by my comment about being able to do twice as many jons with 2 as with one vortex. My intent was not to put down the Vortex, it is certainly a fine machine. It just doesn't make sense in our model.

Randy - great points and yes we have cube vans going out every day, though the majority of the 125 or so rugs we take in a day are dropped of to us at one of our 5 drop off locations.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
rhyde said:
Next time read the whole post. Regardless the point isn’t that Ken is wrong particularly for his company but some of us benefit from a truck that can prvidde multiply services and carry the tools without having to run back to the shop 5 times a day.

Yes I see now, the Vortex is obviously the only choice for you. GOOD JOB... :D

Back
Top Bottom