did offering c.c. payment options increase business?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I, like another cleaner here, have looked at whether or not it makes sense to add the expense of taking credit card payments. I take cash or check and haven't had a check bounce... knock on wood :shock:

The companies that harass me argue that if I offer credit card payments I'll "dramatically" increase my business because that's how the world operates today.

My question is: Are there any cleaners who saw an increase in their business once they offered this method of payment? And how much? Is it one of those things that I HAVE to offer because everyone else does?

Thanks for your insight and advice.

Scott

My creed is to make it as easy as possible for the customer to pay. The notion of accepting credit cards is now what - 20 yrs old? Time to get with the program Mr! :)

Scott

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I can't say you will dramatically increase your business.......no one can really say that......

It has made a difference in my company enough that it has made it worth it.......we are paying 2.1 percent of the total charge.......

and we are processing well over a thousand a month...

I have some clients that strictly pay by CC ...

and I have some that bounce back and forth....

we live in a world of plastic. people like to be able to make there choices....

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I can't say that my business increased when I started taking cc's but I sure as heck get paid faster when I clean these vacation and rental homes for people from out of town as opposed to them mailing me a check. That alone makes it worth it for me.

Greg Loe

It would be an added convenience for customers but I've never had one turn me down for not taking them. Maybe if you advertised you take them it could attract customers that want to only pay by cc

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Most of the ones that use a credit card would be just as happy to write a check. I can't say I've made any more money because I accept them.

I have one commercial account that likes me to just lock the door when I leave and put it on their card, but they would probably be just as willing to send a check.

I'm thinking of dropping my CC service because they are all a bunch of crooks waiting for someone to pay a day late so they can increase their rate to 29% and charge a $39 late fee. I hate to think I am contributing to that crap,,,not to mention the money they keep from my job.

Name
Bruce
What I have noticed is the customers that are giving me plastic are giving me a debit card instead of the credit card. I use my debit card all the time and rarely ever carry cash or write checks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom