Did the worst job of my life today.

Pure white nylon carpet where the furniture was it had some yellowing, Black areas in front of the sofa beds. You could tell where the PC was on the floor. This was the game plan

1) Pre scrubbed using a 175 with a fiber plus pad using redline pre spray boosted with citrus and sodium percarbonate.

Rinsed with acid with the green horn at 550 PSI. Still looked like crap. Finally hit it with the floor machine again and that helped but it still needed more help. what should I have tried?

TIA
Rich

DevilDog

You should have just called me out.

You know I have your back.

The yellowing could be difficult.

The filtration should have mostly come out. Remember, they don't all clean up well.

DevilDog

Mikey P

Administrator
Funny I had the same job.

Kicked my ass too.

A RX or RV would have helped a bit.

Some times it's just time for replacement. Ya can't always be a hero.

Mikey P said:
Funny I had the same job.

Kicked my ass too.

A RX or RV would have helped a bit.

Some times it's just time for replacement. Ya can't always be a hero.

And I was thinking it was just me. I hope tomorrow will be better.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There can be a number of reasons for yellowing. Some can be corrected with an acid side post spray. Fab-Set at about 6 ounces per gallon or Citric acid at about 12 ounces per gallon. There are some other acid products that work as well.

Scott Warrington

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
DevilDog said:
You should have just called me out.

You know I have your back.

The yellowing could be difficult.

The filtration should have mostly come out. Remember, they don't all clean up well.

DevilDog

I thought you were in Manila....

Jobs like that is what pays my bills. We get them clean. Had one last week white nylon 4+ years old, small dog, pee spots all over, very soiled traffic areas and never cleaned. After cleaning, carpets looked like new. But, due to the amount of cleaning(150 gallons for 3 rooms) I expected some wicking. Called the next day and sure enough, 4 or 5 spots had wicked. Returned to find that the spots that returned were areas of high residue from spotting attempts. Another rinse and all is like new.

On dirty carpets you should not be rinsing with an acid. JMHO

RichardnTn

Always remember, You are not a magician... It is impossible to undo a lot of the damage done..... Richard R

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
what was the carpet type

cut pile

that kind of loose california shag
I hate that crap. It is one of the few types that I had a problem getting the filtration soiling out of around the chair mats. Nothing would get it out, VacAway products wouldn't budge it. Went back over it with olefin prespray and that seemed to help but not perfect

I would have tried 30 vol. on the yellow. I cleaned some light blue cut pile nylon the other day. It had the yellowing type look to it. Boosted the prespray with 30 volume and the carpet just jumped back to life.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I cleaned a house for a Realtor today. Six frat boys had beer-pong tournaments in that place for 4 years of college, the out of towners who owned it were getting around to selling it and didn't want to replace the carpet. I explained that I can improve it, but if there are a couple of permanent stains per room, that would have to be acceptable, because of few of them didn't look like they were coming out.

I spend 5 hours on that place, it looked great, except for a few permanent stains. The Realtor is going to have me back to clean those again.

I drained my entire spotting bag in that hole, and the carpet looks respectable, just not "new". Ya live and ya learn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom