Diesel Powered TM's.....Slide In's.....Can They Burn Kero??

R

R W

If your TM vehicle is gas powered, and you are running a separate fuel tank for the diesel, can you use "white Kerosene" for fuel?? It is cheaper than "over-the-road" diesel fuel. Do these machines need diesel fuel specifically, or can they burn the "untaxed kero"??

T

The Magician

Hey Lucky, From what I have been told yes. Its burns cleaner.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Diesel is more lubricant than K-1, RW.

I figure K-1 could be substituted, but not sure it's the best choice over the long haul.

You get a fuel tax refund for the gas used in your Genny, don't you?
If not, you SHOULD be.
Same applies to diesel

The other alternative to not pay road tax now, is to get a 275 gal tank and have the home heating oil (#2 diesel) guy deliver it.

That's what the farmers do around here.
that's also what one of my friends does for his mega pressure washer heaters.
He also runs his diesel pick-up truck with that fuel.
Though that IS illegal

..L.T.A.

Dom Agostino

Untaxed kero? I don't know how much you pay but around here is a buck more per gallon than diesel, $4.69.
I can't use nothing else but diesel in the Sprinter, warranty issues, but I guess that maybe the machine could handle it.
As long as kero burning cleaner than diesel, well, I'm not so sure. I know that when I used to burn kero in the torpedo (space heater) in the shop I had, every now and then, crack a window or the door open because of the smell but not with the diesel.

Dom

Rex Tyus

The other alternative to not pay road tax now, is to get a 275 gal tank and have the home heating oil (#2 diesel) guy deliver it.

That's what the farmers do around here.
that's also what one of my friends does for his mega pressure washer heaters.
He also runs his diesel pick-up truck with that fuel.
Though that IS illegal

Around here farm grade diesel is available at many fuel centers. It is thought by many to be exactly the same without the red dye additive.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dom Agostino said:
Untaxed kero? I don't know how much you pay but around here is a buck more per gallon than diesel,

Dom

wow Dom

that's a rip.
last I looked at diesel, it was $3.49 gal
K-1 was $3.29
Home heating oil (#2 diesel) was $2.78
(that was a couple months ago)

There's sales tax on kero, but no road use tax like fuels intended for vehicles

..L.T.A.

John Watson

28 yrs ago When I had the 2 Steam way power matic 1150's we could burn regular #2 Diesel or #1 Diesel also known as stove oil or Kerosene. In the fall the suppliers in Alaska would switch to #1 cause it wouldn't jell as quick in the -20 and colder temperatures..But we paid a premium price for it..

R

R W

It's not the price, although it sounds like New York is really taxing the crap out of kero. I didn't know if diesel had more additives for the engines than kerosene. The kero around here, as Larry says, is about $3.19-3.29.....cheaper than diesel, but undyed, because it is not "road taxed". You don't want to be caught in Ohio with undyed fuel in your diesel tank!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom