Difference between the original RV360 and RV360i......

Name
Nate W.
Ok, someone asked in The Hardware room the difference between the old rotovac 360 and the new one. I took video on it but I keep getting a error message. I took some pics in the mean time.

The older one has a 1.5" port, with the twist knob on the right to adjust the handle, shorter base with the whole base being the vacuum chamber, smaller wheels.

The newer one has a 2" port, push button handle adjustment, longer base, larger wheels, better vacuum chamber, L shaped vacuum shoes. If you look closely in the pic, the 360i has a spacer on the shaft of the head (not that head Brian R, you perv). The head on my new 360i has the 3 white knobs that are no longer put on the new models. The L shaped vacuum shoes I guess solved the problem or something..... *shoulder shrugs*

100_1680.jpg

100_1682.jpg

100_1683.jpg

100_1681.jpg

100_1685.jpg

Notice the adjustment knob on the right. The teeth have been wearing down adjusting it.
100_1684.jpg

100_1686.jpg

100_1687.jpg

100_1689.jpg

This is the new rv360i base.
100_1688.jpg

Name
Nate W.
You're welcome guys....

The Green Glides on the older one have been on for 2 years. They have held up pretty good for me. Tack strip by the thresholds are the culprit for the grooves in the glides. I turned then around for better wearing. Like I said in the past about the GG on the old rv360, it does help dry times but loses agitation somewhat.

I'm using it tomorrow on a house. I'll see how it preforms. It does seem to have better airflow. I used it on some synthetic area rugs with 1 wet pass over lapped 50%, then a dry pass. I then took the clear sight tube and attached my Prochem TI wand and went over the rugs, it didn't have any moisture going through the tube. I was pretty impressed, but down take my word for it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Brian R said:
I don't like the spacer on the shaft because it just doesn't feel the same. :shock:

uhhhhh we needed to know this why :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
which one were you impressed with the recovery Nate?

I honestly believe the newer rv360i does a better job at recovering because the new design of the vacuum chamber compared to the old. Granted the old one does have a 1 1/2" port instead of two. But when you feel the difference on the base plates, the old one doesn't seem too smooth.

Hey Odin, are your customers really going to notice the 5 minute faster drying time with that 2" port? :lol:

For everyone else reading, that's a inside joke between Odin and I. !gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom