Different brushes for 15" whittaker?

Name
Nate W.
The whittaker machine I'm going to pick up has the White brushes on it. I read on the whittaker site about the differences of the colors.

Which would be good for prescrubbing synthetic house carpet and commerical carpet? I don't need something to aggressive. 1 brush that's versatile for both. Possibly the Blue ones?

Rawb

I wouldn't use anything past blue for residential, personally. I would think that gray would suffice.

I reviewed the suggested uses on the Whittaker site and blue should be the regular brushes used for commercial. I guess I need to buy some blue ones now since I only have the green brushes presently. :shock:

I know one guy who uses yellow brushes exclusively for commercial cleaning. I told him about the rating by Whittaker and he didn't say much.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've used the green for really scrubbing that dirty commercial prior to HWE.

You can't beat the scrubbing action of a whittaker GLS.

DavidVB

I have a set of green and grey brushes I don't need since I sold both my GLS machines.

I agree they are a good scrubber. In some situations I would agree they are the best choice, especially when you want to lift pile, but not in all situations or really even in most situations. Obviously, that is my opinion since I sold both of mine but have kept my rotary, Cimex and OP machines.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The blue brushes are way too aggressive for cut pile IMO. I use the white brushes for prescribing residential and they still pull allot of lose fibers. I would hate to see the blue brushes pre-scrubbing polyester.

R

Rafa L

spend the money and get both blue and grey.......you'll go back and forth between blue and grey depending on the carpet and how much visible soil you see.............be careful when using blue for every residential carpet.....sometimes you need blue and other times you only need grey.

The Preacher

i had green, grey & black (blue now) and used them all equally. order a set of brushes as often as possible, they'll get used.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
doesn't another company sell brushes that fit a whittaker, and for less $?

Rawb

kolfer1 said:
Doing mostly residential, will you get the 15 or 20"?

The 15" would be my choice for residential. If you're doing large open commercial carpet areas, I would go for a 20" for sure. I'm thinking of buying a 20" for the larger commercial jobs I do.

Rawb

Mikey P said:
IMO any dump that need GLSing can take the Greens (which never come off mine.

I use my CRB for Travertine mostly.

Yeah, I presently use the greens and found them to be soft enough to use on residential carpets, despite Whittaker's suggestion to refrain from using them for residential.

postaldave

I've used the green for really scrubbing that dirty commercial prior to HWE.

You can't beat the scrubbing action of a whittaker GLS.
:roll: Yes you can the Host Machine will out beat that by far using the zebra brushes

postaldave

Mike Draper said:
Where is the best place to find a Whittaker?
:lol: don't wast you're hard earned money on a Whittaker, buy a used Host with zebra brushes far better and a hole lot less Under $500.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
postaldave with those outlandish comments why don't you at least be man enough and use your real name in your profile?

Are yous skaired?

:shock:

Mike Draper

postaldave said:
Mike Draper said:
Where is the best place to find a Whittaker?
:lol: don't wast you're hard earned money on a Whittaker, buy a used Host with zebra brushes far better and a hole lot less Under $500.

How often do you see used host machines? Is there one model of host over another that is better or more dependable? And where is the best place to look for one used? thanks. :D

Rawb

Not that I'm sold on a Host machine until I do a comparison. The Pro-Chem ICaps is also cheaper than the Whittaker, but they aren't built as well. Until they change the brush set-up on the machine, where one can rotate the brushes and choose from more than one brush type, it is an inferior machine to the Whittaker.

I am sure the Host is much the same. What am I buying for $500? I'd be better off using a toilet brush.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom