Differnce in glides???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I got a new Slot glide from US-Products today. I have had a hole glide on my Evolution wand for almost 3 years!! Yah way too long. It was getting way worn out but still seemed to pick up ok.

I used the new slot glide on 3 jobs today. It may have just been me but it didn't seem to be picking up very good. US-P said they do not make the hole glide anymore, just the slot one. It was wayyy cheap at $46. I could feel the wand suctioning better on the carpet tho.

Did I get what I paid for from US-P or what?
Is there a big difference in glides or what and why would my old hole glide seem to be working better than the new slot glide??? Do I need to be holding it at certain angle with the new glide or what??

Do I need to call Lisa? Do you still sell glides for the Evo Wand Lisa or anyone??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I liked the Hybrid that Green Glides makes.

I think you don't feel like it works as good because you are getting more airflow from the slotted glide.

The true test is how well the carpet was cleaned....but I know what you mean...you want to "feel" the clean right?

The hybrid just felt right, cleaned right and picked up the little debris as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian R said:
because you are getting more airflow from the slotted glide.

Huh?

Edit: I would think the opposite.More lock. Increased lift, less airflow, less movement of water. Also a reduction in slot velocity further hindering efficient fluid movement and reducing the "suction halo" around the wand.

but I'm no glide expert

Huh wuh?
Bigger holes, more airflow...just not as swiftly moving?
Hell I don't know for sure...just ask Lisa

I'm just saying what it felt like.
The hybrid grabbed the carpet more than the slotted glide.

Maybe it's been too long.

Name
John LaBarbera
jstucky said:
I got a new Slot glide from US-Products today. I have had a hole glide on my Evolution wand for almost 3 years!! Yah way too long. It was getting way worn out but still seemed to pick up ok.

I used the new slot glide on 3 jobs today. It may have just been me but it didn't seem to be picking up very good. US-P said they do not make the hole glide anymore, just the slot one. It was wayyy cheap at $46. I could feel the wand suctioning better on the carpet tho.

Did I get what I paid for from US-P or what?
Is there a big difference in glides or what and why would my old hole glide seem to be working better than the new slot glide??? Do I need to be holding it at certain angle with the new glide or what??

Do I need to call Lisa? Do you still sell glides for the Evo Wand Lisa or anyone??

GreenGlides are the best by far.

A

amazingcleansc

Brian R said:
FCC said:
[quote="Brian R":3fhq8wq8]
because you are getting more airflow from the slotted glide.

Huh?

Edit: I would think the opposite.More lock. Increased lift, less airflow, less movement of water. Also a reduction in slot velocity further hindering efficient fluid movement and reducing the "suction halo" around the wand.

but I'm no glide expert

Huh wuh?
Bigger holes, more airflow...just not as swiftly moving?
Hell I don't know for sure...just ask Lisa

I'm just saying what it felt like.
The hybrid grabbed the carpet more than the slotted glide.

Maybe it's been too long.[/quote:3fhq8wq8]

right more airflow, but they call it "lazy air"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom