Direct mailers.

Becker

Name
Becker
Do you have any luck with them?

I found a way to get names and addresses for every lot within a neighborhood. For Free.

Like a neighborhood near me. 173 homes.
Homes are between 18-36 months old.
Homes are between 2100-3600 sq ft.
Values are between $475k-$650k Not that it matters.

I did door to door fliers about 6 years ago in neighborhoods that were similar at the time. 100 fliers got me nearly 3 jobs per 100. Not great but good for the cost of fliers and my time. Color paper, black ink.

I'm going to test about 500-1000 homes.

Instead of sending fliers, I want to send a tri fold brochure, and a sale letter. Of course stating my connection to the area.

I know my costs will be much high per piece.

I have a pretty good market share in some of the older hoods close by. ( 5-9 years old) But these newer ones I have only done few homes in them and want to get my name know to the new home owners.

What do ya think? Or suggest?

F

FB7777

Out here we have street lists for the entire town that you can purchase for $10.

It would be cool if you could get a testimonial from one of the neighbors and be able to put that in your mailer.

Other than that I got nothing, I've never done a canvass mailing.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, but for $10 does that include owners name? Otherwise that is a good deal.

Mine will be addressed to the home owner. Might cause for a few more to be opened.

RickL

Post Card

I did real well with a post card mailing to homes from $300k on up in my area (bought the list from Info USA) my card had a dog and children on on it. These customers that responded all had smaller dogs and urine problems all over. The good news they all wanted the works and get their carpets done on a regular schedule. Many commented on the pictures leading them to think I specalized in pet stains as the "franchises" hadn't done so well with the stains.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My wife hand writes names and addresses on each envelope. I get a great return per 100 that method. I am regretting when she is off maternity leave. I pull the tax assesments off the computer and I have the name address and home price

F

FB7777

I should have included that info... yes it has homeowners names and everyone in the household over 18 yrs of age , the birthyear and occupation ( personally provided by local census)

The info is limited by the fact that at time of publication, people obviously could have moved and census data could be out dated.

But you will find that in any list I would imagine.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no Fred the Tax assesments give to the date information. My town and some surrounding towns have all the info posted online of every home owner and their real address(PO Box or if they own a property and live somewhere else) I am sure anyone can get that from their town clerk if it is not online.

Back
Top Bottom