Direction Needed

americlean

Some of you know that I have been battling a health issue for a few years which has now gotten to the point where I can not physically do the work anymore.

I have been pushing the wand for a couple years, usually solo but sometimes with a PT helper. I need to hire someone one to take my place on the truck. The question is how to choose someone who can take over what I have been doing.

What specifically would you look for in a "go to guy" and how would you compensate him.

Any advise on making the transition away from the "one man show" ???

Josh Adler

I would look for someone dependable, trustworthy, and a family man. Those are usually the ones with good heads on there shoulders. I personally would not hire an experienced technician because usually they come with some bad habits. Get a good guy train him so he doesnt know how to cut corners and take care of him. As far as compensation that would depend on what your overhead is. Truck paid off? Are you going to run this out of your home with your new guy? ect.... Hope that helps alittle.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Look for the character qualities first, the work ethic, honesty, reliability, etc
The "how to clean" is just a simple skill to be learned. Without the character, you will never trust him, or her.

Have them hand write a letter describing how and why they would be a good choice. Then you have it in their own handwriting should an issue ever arise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom