Dirty Office Carpet,

steamron

Name
Ron
I have to clean an office carpet that is never really ever taken care of until there is a big visitor or sales meeting.
The last time I did this office was 2 years ago. It is an olefin carpet, about 8500 sq. ft on each floor, trust me when I tell you, when I dump the water from my TM it is black.

Maybe the link will show you a little of the problem;

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u605/cleanerguy/IMG_20130627_144353_zps0f34e67c.jpg

I want it to really stand out more then just, It's OK.

So if you ever encountered a some what neglected commercial carpet and have suggestion of presprays or pics of some nasty work, please help.

Thanks

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
A prescub always helps. You also might want to try to post-pad the traffic areas with some encap juice and a combo pad.

What juice u using now??

Olefin loves the erl.

Reactions: Cleaning Concierge

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
What Goomer said is good. Post Encap if you're going to do HWE on a CGD carpet.

Or you could just Encap it. A good Encap cleaning would make that carpet look terrific.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

steamron

Name
Ron
I tried encapping with a Cimex and DS doubled up, barely noticeable difference.

That picture is just a small sample, the whole room is just as bad. I use an RX20 with my TM and again the water is black.

From my knowledge of this office I simply feel that long periods of non cleaning left some permanent traffic areas, there are place where you can see that they moved a cubicle and the outline of the chair mats is so evident.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Snake Oil will solve your problemo.... Flush it if you feell that is the best anwer and then squit a tad-0-encap on it an bonnet it off. Clean and no returning spots. Place fans as you see fit.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If your right and it is damaged, that Pro's Choice Dinge Away is supposedly made for exactly that situation. Might be a good test carpet for it.
Personally Ive never used it and havn't heard much about it.

Anybody try it??

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I ve had commercial carpets that where so bad Ive had to hot water extract , then come back and encap traffic ways and rough spots with the cimex. If you choose to encap with the cimex you might give hot knife a try from vacaway as the solvents in the encap will help break the bond between the oil and the olefin carpet that is attracted to oils. pros choice extreme clean is also a supurb hwe pre spray for olefin

Name
Yohance
All are great suggestions we had a nonprofit commercial building that we cleaned a week ago with cgd we rotovac then bonnet and came out great.

Mikey P

Administrator
lots of good advice.

Could be the carpet is just done and needs replacing but if thats not in the budget and you want to be a superhero try running a Brush Pro with renovators over it first (you could have scored one here at near cost yesterday) Vacuum some more, Cimex prescrub, Rotary extraction/TM rinse, tons of dry strokes and post bonnet with COTTON pads/175 or OP machine and a heavy misting of strong encap.Place Airpaths.

Charge $2 a foot.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
most of the scampoos don't contain any solvents.

So could that solvent be..............BUYTL?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Pre-scrub it really good with pads would be the biggest, after you clean up post bonnet in bad areas with an encap product.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When its really bad we use the Cimex to prescrub and HWE followed with OP to even it out. Always looks great afterwards.

That job really doesn't look that bad, I think you could add a booster and you should be able to do it without too much trouble with any method.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I get worse stuff than that and I just encap with a red pad to loosen it up and cut off the bad stuff and then encap again with a pad. Easy fast and always get compliments that the results are way better than HWE.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Straight encap on that baby. Or Truckmount clean it and then post pad like said above

Ron K

Clean get the results then get them to have you come and clean all the walk off mats every month to keep i staying clean.

CTIGIRL

Supportive Member
Have you tried using Extreme Clean Advance from Pro's Choice? It works extremely well in high traffic areas such as office settings. Also if you are lokking for a post treatment Pro's Choice ARA _Anti-Resoiling Agent) is designed to prevent rapid resoiling of fibers. Just a couple of suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom