Dirty strip in the middle of my wand stroke

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Don't know how many I left like this. I just thought it was the way the carpet was laying until I was called back because the carpet dried with dirty streaks. Only does it in really soiled traffic areas. I am running a prochem quadjet with 9502's and stubby jet extenders. Glided. Do I need to switch to 11002's in the middle or what?

2011-08-03124945.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Either clogged jet or jets in the middle spraying sideways. OR you could have a nice little hair/lint/crap built up inside your wand in the middle clogging up the way of extracting properly.

I'd recommend taking off the glide and clean out inside the wand head. also take the jets off and the extenders and let them soak in a cup of acid solution (could just use vinegar) and wash them off with fresh water afterwards.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ill have to check. I clean it out pretty regularly but have been busy and haven't pulled the glide off in over a week.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
:shock: :shock: If you always prevac you shouldn't have a problem with junk build up in your wand. I take it off maybe once or twice a year...so I guess that's not what causing your dirty lines.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
inside the little stubby extenders normally there is a check valve..probably got something clogged in there...should be able to pull them all apart and flush them out...and check your wand screen while your at it......

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've had his same situation twice. Both times there was crap built up around that stainless steel support bar in the middle, I just take a light and do surgery to get the hair out, problem solved.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

I think the jet extenders have moved the jets too close to the carpet.

Try it without the extenders.

I have seen a nice jet pattern . . .
distorted by the check valves in the jet extenders.

Larry

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Definitely worth trying the 110's in the middle as well - are the jets evenly spaced accross the four jets?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Are you running the short 1/2" or long 1" extenders? Need 1/2" and 110's for the PC quad wand.

If it's not that, you either have a clogged or twisted jet, check valve or a worn out jet. Also check for obstructions in the wand/glide.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Lee Stockwell
Carry a short hacksaw blade to clean slot, often you don't see the obstruction otherwise.

Also on plush like that turn down the pressure when you see flare lines when you first start. One thing I like about the Bentley is that you can pull the jets back from the carpet when flaring occurs.

Bucket test your wand, jet by jet, to verify flow balance. Make sure adjacent jet fans slightly miss each other by twisting the tips ever so slightly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom