Dirtygrout.com

Name
Bruce
This is what I got when I went to the site. I have not been there in many years.
Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on dirtygrout.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
It's a shame. Shortly after the original MB pass away things slowly declined.

Stone is 10x the challenge of carpet...way more need for a "discussion" board

Goes to show that this MB has a knack of staying on top. Great job Mikey

Reactions: Mikey P

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Does anyone know what is going on with the dirty grout site? It is difficult or sometimes impossible to log onto.
I can't get on there either, that sucks, I'm friends with Cary on Facebook I'll see what's going on. I have to agree that it kinda went down when MB passed and then they teamed up the the Truckmount outfit.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I can't get on there either, that sucks, I'm friends with Cary on Facebook I'll see what's going on. I have to agree that it kinda went down when MB passed and then they teamed up the the Truckmount outfit.
There's a lot of really good people on there that I've made friends with locally and over CA

Reactions: frresh1
Name
cameron demille
Sorry for the late response. I don't know exactly what led to the decline. I do know Cary's wife had some medical issues a while back that led to her needing full time care, and Cary was focused on that and lost time with the forum, which is fine. His wife is more important. I believe the time spent away is one contributor. Not sure what happened to John Rupich. I spoke with him several years back, but haven't heard anything in a while.

There were a couple of big blowups on there with some members and Mfgs that I think maybe turned some people off. I was part of a few of those, not proudly.

Some of the more active members, like Mark McMaster and others slowly started dropping off due to personal situations and it kind of snowballed. Maurizio was a huge draw to the site, and when he passed away, I think some people took time off and never cam back.

I honestly think the biggest hit, to any of the forums, was the economy tanking in 2008. People started hurting and either stopped spending so much time on the internet, or got into other industries entirely. A lot of guys that owned their own businesses closed up shop and started punching a clock somewhere else.

Finally, more recently, I think Facebook groups have taken a chunk of people away. They are more instant, as far as answers go, and it's easier to post from your phone, etc. + Messenger.

It's a shame, really, but it's evolution at work. However, like Mike pointed out to me the other day, forums are far more searchable and will hold content forever. Facebook groups are a nightmare for trying to search for previous posts and info. People are exposed to facebook posts for a few days, then it gets pushed down the page and won't even pop up on your feed, Forums are a lot easier to sift through the posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom