Disinfecting unit after cat 3 extratction?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
What are the correct procedures for disinfection my wand, hoses, and waste tank after a cat 3 extraction? What product should I use? Thanks

Name
Shawn Forsythe
First clean the surfaces using conventional hard surface cleaner until free of all visible and apparent contamination until reasonabley clean.
Then use an economical disinfection agent, such as Fiberlok IAQ 2000 per the label instructions applied by liberal wiping, direct application, and spraying, where applicable. IAQ 2000 is fairly inexpensive, but still rather highly concentrated at 2 oz per gallon.

The important part is to use the disinfection product in a manner consistent with the label procedures, which are not that complex, but inappropriate to detail here.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Shawn Forsythe said:
First clean the surfaces using conventional hard surface cleaner until free of all visible and apparent contamination until reasonabley clean.
Then use an economical disinfection agent, such as Fiberlok IAQ 2000 per the label instructions applied by liberal wiping, direct application, and spraying, where applicable. IAQ 2000 is fairly inexpensive, but still rather highly concentrated at 2 oz per gallon.

The important part is to use the disinfection product in a manner consistent with the label procedures, which are not that complex, but inappropriate to detail here.

+1

R

rotovacguy

Ryan, I use Sporicidin when I wipe my stuff down. I keep some mixed in a spray bottle for just such occasions. Also comes in quite handy when needing to disinfect other surfaces, too.

Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution and Spray
Description

Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution and Spray are FDA Compliant, EPA registered for hospital use and compliant with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards (29 CFR 1910.1030). These products are registered for mold and mildew remediation/restoration for use in institutional, commercial and home environments.

Sporicidin® has been used in hospital, medical and dental environments since 1978 and provide 100% kill of disease and odor-causing organisms*.
Recommended Uses

* Mold Restoration/IAQ
* Misting and Dust Suppression
* Water/Flood Damage Restoration
* Sewer Backflow Cleanup
* Trauma & Crime Scene Cleanup
* Air Duct Cleaning **
* Carpet Cleaning and Deodorizing
* Clean, disinfect and deodorize equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE)

Features and Benefits

* EPA, FDA and OSHA compliant
* EPA toxicity rating "low/very low"
* Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes in one step
* Continuous residual bacteriostatic activity up to 6 months***
* Kills mold and mildew
* Provides 100% kill of disease and odor causing organisms. It is fungicidal, bactericidal, virucidal, mildewcidal and tuburculocidal*
* Non-corrosive to surfaces including plastics, latex, vinyl, glass, treated wood, metal and glazed porcelain
* Non-abrasive
* Alcohol free safe for equipment****
* Contains a pharmaceutical active ingredient system with no harsh chemicals, such as bleach
* Will not inhibit the adhesion of paint
* Mildly alkaline (pH 8.5)
* Non-staining and non-flammable
* Nonhazardous - No special shipping or disposal restrictions
* Registered in all 50 states (including California), Puerto Rico and Canada

Bucey

Name
FFA?
should i run some thru the inside of my hoses. can i buy some at any retail store. I do have some Microban Plus. was going to use this, sounds like the same stuff. thanks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Microban will work. Shawn mentioned IAQ 2000 because it is very cost effective. IAQ 2000 is $18.20 gl and makes 64 gallons. Microban you use straight, for your application I would go ahead and dilute it 50/50.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom