Distributor

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I need to replace the ignitor module. The engine is an A15 with a Mitsubishi distributor. I don't see how you remove the ignitor from around the shaft with out removing the gear on the shaft. Removing the screw in the middle of the shaft only loosens it but not enough for it to come off . i must be missing something. The gear does have a real small pin but I think it just marks it for replacement

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
here is a picture. after putting on my glasses it look like that little pin hold it on after you take out the screw. i hope not. the pin is by the green line.
IMG_0048_zps5c1f085c.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
if you rotate the shaft is there a set screw that is accessible from the side?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i looked there also but they mostly seem to use point. did you notice they all live in south africa, and new zealand. its sad they don't still sale the A15 in the US anymore. I'll post it there. im pretty sure its that small pin but i hate to take it out i might loose it because it's so small.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
so i figured it out. so here is how i did it. remove the screw in the middle. lift and turn the shaft so it stays up. use a small punch and out it comes. i placed 2 earth magnets along side to catch it. it's very small and it can end up inside of the engine if your not careful. the gear comes off and you can easily replace the ignitor . then reverse.

gene

Reactions: Newman and FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom