distys, suppliers, manufatures and salesman to BDCC'rs

most describes your thoughts

• should restrict no negative comments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm one of the Good Ole Boys here, so I'm never short of guys coming to my defense

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Help me out.

this place isn't always known as a Poly Anna boRed.
Often, comments are hard hitting.

I'm curious, would you have us (the admins/mods) restrict commentary deemed negative?

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why are you doing this Larry?

Is some POS advertising supplier crying foul behind the scenes ?

I remember one crybaby who recited scripture damning me.

And then I was banned on a BB.

the POS

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: distys, suppliers, manufatures and salesman to BDCC'rs

Personal attacks should never be allowed. Just because you don't like a product or someone doesn't like your product etc etc doesn't give you the right to attack someone personally. I'm guilty of that myself on occasion and where I post on another board we get one warning then get a time out. sometimes it is 1 day or could be a week. repeat offenders are booted permantly.
Lets face we can argue and disagree without being ignorant to each other or at least I would hope so

Name
Deborah Lema
I am in a unique position here: I am with a manufacturer but I expect nothing but negative comments. When somebody says something that doesn't involve putting our product in their underwear, I'm pleasantly surprised. :-)

Still, I don't think comments should be formally restricted. Personally, I think that people need to restrict themselves. If they don't, it is up to the rest of the community to let them know they crossed a line. It's a freedom thing.

However, it's also a legal thing. For instance, saying "XYZ sucked" instead of "I tried XYZ and I didn't prefer it in this instance" are very different things. It's the plain difference between an opinion and libel. ...One might consider that this censorship question should ultimately be put to the lawyers.

Sorry I said the "L" word. Have to go rinse my mouth out now.

Greenie

Given extreme censorship or extreme liberty, I'll have to side with freedom of speech, it is what we fought for, freedom for friend and douchebag alike.

It is only through honest input that products and such are improved, Lord knows I've made a ton of tools better through comments from this board, and hopefully will continue.

Now that whole mistruth thing, could be addressed, but it's not easy as a manufacturer or supplier trying to correct some obvious half-truths without sounding defensive, I think it's probably best just to cite the sheer number of satisfied customers and let them correct the misinformation.

I think that is why Mikey gets so much "Greenie" bashing, he is probably one of my best all time customers, the dude test products hard, and is seriously half the reason so many here have what they have today for advancements in tools.
And I'm always looking for the next mikey, so keep the quality feedback coming.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I am shocked that most are voting for restrictions to there customers.

Here is an IDEA

Take care of the people that purchase your junk, Solve problems, return phone calls, stop telling lies to get more money.

That's how you stop the negative comments.

Rex Tyus

green research said:
However, it's also a legal thing. For instance, saying "XYZ sucked" instead of "I tried XYZ and I didn't prefer it in this instance" are very different things. It's the plain difference between an opinion and libel. ...One might consider that this censorship question should ultimately be put to the lawyers.

Sorry I said the "L" word. Have to go rinse my mouth out now.

Not that I am a lawyer or anything but for an idiviudual to say"XYZ sucked" is in and of it self an opinion. If untrue test data was posted with the "intent" on causing harm to XYZ then the case for libel BEGINS. It is still legal to be opinionated and stupid all at the same time. IT is even ok to report false information if you
a) are too stupid to realize it is false or
b) the report is not "intended" to cause harm to said product or company.

I didn't stay at a Holiday INN Express Last nite but I did make an A in 9th grade civics class. :mrgreen:

Greenie is right when someone spews venom you have to judge the responses from satisfyed customers WITH profiles. Support is usually there when good venders are slandered.

CapeCleaner

The problem with this issue is that there are two sides to every story and then there's the truth. A supplier/distributor/manufacturer and customer will each have their version of a situation and I think it would be difficult at best for a moderator to discern what is honest negative feedback versus negative feedback or comments that are completely untrue.

A thread in which the focus is a dispute between a specific supplier/distributor/manufacturer and a specific customer should be removed right away because that issue will never be resolved on a BB forum. Negative feedback is part of doing business so, short of outright personal attacks, threads which contain negative feedback about products, supply sources, etc. should probably be allowed to run their course.

meAt said:
I'm curious, would you have us (the admins/mods) restrict commentary deemed negative?
I read that and it immediately made me think of Daddy, Junior, and the *** moderators. Not a good thing.

Chris A

Name
Chris
No way should comments be restricted. Distributors unfortunately are on the losing end, because if they fire back they usually look like dicks.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Some folks should help us all out by adding a ps, listing the numbers of drinks they've had up to time of post.

Taking a look at the "time of post" will sometimes also be a clue.

ps, 2 glasses of champagne so far.......

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The reason the Island Boy and myself are on any board is to monitor discussions. We try and handle the issues behind the scenes instead of on the board which is a no win situation.

Sometimes, just like a cleaner we get an unreasonable situation and just do the best we can.

I am always amazed when someone says this prespray sucks and it is not as good as the prespray they currently use. We know that those 2 presprays are identical as we private label many products. But America is the land of free speech and we are all glad of that.

Have a great weekend.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
billyeadon said:
I am always amazed when someone says this prespray sucks and it is not as good as the prespray they currently use. We know that those 2 presprays are identical as we private label many products. But America is the land of free speech and we are all glad of that.

you ought to know as well anyone, Bill, "perception" has a lot to do with it.

What's term for folks thinking something is better cause it costs more?

"perceived value"? or something like that?

..L.T.A.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Larry,
This goes back to a group of posts that were on this board last fall. Why do distributors carry so many products?

Because we have so many cleaners that think their product is the best. You can call it "perceived value" or my favorite term is world view. You beliefs are based upon a series of values, opinions and experience. We are not going to change your mind. So we give you what you ask for.

meAt said:
billyeadon said:

you ought to know as well anyone, Bill, "perception" has a lot to do with it.

What's term for folks thinking something is better cause it costs more?

"perceived value"? or something like that?

..L.T.A.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I hate to break it to ya Billy but I think there is quite a bit of "private labeling" in the coffee world too.

:mrgreen:

Greenie

I must say, I was a bit surprised to see the vote count myself. This is ain't ICS or T M F, if a comapny didn't want the Good, Bad and the Ugly, why advertise, or even participate here?

Walt

I almost hate to say this but... One of the best things about this board has been the negative comments.

That's the reason we don't have a bunch of bozos selling crap. They just don't last. There are too many guys here who know better and will call them on it. For instance JP.

The worry is that some one uses the board as a way to black mail a vendor into getting something they don't deserve.

Bob Foster

Walt said:
I almost hate to say this but... One of the best things about this board has been the negative comments.

That's the reason we don't have a bunch of bozos selling crap. They just don't last. There are too many guys here who know better and will call them on it. For instance JP.

The worry is that some one uses the board as a way to black mail a vendor into getting something they don't deserve.

Damn straight Walt!

Some negative comments are the truth. TFB, for those that get them. Make your products or service better so they don't have to be said.

Greenie

Shawn Forsythe said:
Wow,

There sure are a lot of suppliers who voted!

The buzz among the suppliers is definitely MB, you never hear about others, but frequently here MB comments.
Some suppliers event circulate rumors...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
CapeCleaner said:
meAt said:
I read that and it immediately made me think of Daddy, Junior, and the ® moderators. Not a good thing.

don't sweat that, David.
I don't see that happening here.
There's no secret, deceptive slithery agenda here lie on some boReds .

What you see is what you get, here

I was just curious and wanted some insight from those that mine gold from the miners

Thanks to those that participated

..L.T.A.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Lets face the FACTS

Greenie should open a school to teach suppliers how to kiss A$$ then the world would be a better place.

That's the one thing I have enjoyed about purchasing stuff from Jeff is he answers questions without all the scripted BS.

Back
Top Bottom