DIY Bedliner

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
uru2ahy3.jpg
azyne2y8.jpg

I used Herculiner on my van. 3 coats and it turned out great! First I sanded the sh#t out of it with a wire brush to break loose old paint, rust, and dirt. Then I pressure washed it do more of the same. Then I used the little sander pad thing with the Herculiner kit to break free more stuff. At this point I worried I may go all the way through the floor! Then I rubbed it in muratic acid. Then finally 3 coats!

The last Herculiner I did has lasted 7 years, so I'm hoping for the same!

Last edited:

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Well, it took probably about 3 hours to do all the prep work. The first coat probably took an hour to apply. Coats 2 and 3 were quicker. It took the better part of yesterday, but I didn't rush through it. The temp was a cool 110 here yesterday, so I mixed in a couple jumps into the pool and a few cold beverages.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That's crazy because according to herculiner the product dry with the assistance of high humidity and you being in the desert with almost no humidity I would assume it take forever to dry.

I would stay off of it for a few days just to be sure.

Looks great!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
By this AM it felt completely dry. It dried fast yesterday too. It is beyond hot though, here. I set my debit card on the drivers seat and left it for about 15 minutes yesterday, came back and it was like soft rubber, it literally melted. Never have seen that.

I won't be on it for a few days. It's in today getting 2 new tires. Install is set to begin next Monday, so I have a week to do anything else I need.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm about to try the product from Raptor. Going to spray the bed of my pickup and the rocker panels.

I have a client whom loves the stuff, easy to put on, however you do need a high cfm air compressor.

If it holds up in my well used pickup bed, always hauling, loaded or unloading something it seems. Then I will use it in my next van. Leaning hard toward the ProMaster. Looked at one today, they are not the prettiest, but in todays van market I think they have it the best.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I treated my second van with a 2 part white polyurethane. Best choice ever, nothing stuck to it or showed. My rhino lining looked bad the first time something got on it. I wish I had it done in white.

Gene

Becker

Name
Becker
Loking good Curt! Welcome back to the dark side..
Thanks Gene, something to consider, the product I want to use comes in many colors.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I treated my second van with a 2 part white polyurethane. Best choice ever, nothing stuck to it or showed. My rhino lining looked bad the first time something got on it. I wish I had it done in white.

Gene
That's a great idea! I did the do it yourself rhino stuff you buy from tractor supply and it was ok.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Looks awesome!

I just finished the Benz last week with Herc, we've had insane humidity and its really helped it cure.... smells like chocolate & coffee; very odd lol.

I left the fiberglass/wood floor in, used polyurethane caulking around the edges, using a Shutz undercoating gun, sprayed a gallon of Herc thinned 15% with Xylene.

Now I have a waterproof pan of sorts.
View attachment 5127

Reactions: dealtimeman

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I'm not nearly as fancy as Ashley when it comes to this stuff. I bought mine at O'Reilleys Auto Parts. I simply followed the directions but did multiple coats. Mine has a week to cure and set up before I put anything on it. My last box truck we did the same thing and it has lasted for 7 years. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like when we pull the TM and water pond out!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
You better believe it! I am fully committed to re-starting the Healthy Clean empire full time this fall. This van purchase is the "no return" for me!!!! I plan on dragging my significant other along, where after 15 minutes at the trade show she'll disappear, never to be seen again except at the pool!!!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Spraying the herculiner on is so much easier and faster. It makes it feel like a lighter job than having to roll it on. I have rolled it on before and it just took me forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom