Do any of you work for Ultra Shield?

Mikey P

Administrator
Ultra Shield sells protective coating through Macys.
When a customer gets a spot on their upholstery or rug that they can not remove with US's guidance they call service providers like us to go out and attempt to remove the spots.

We started working with them in 2002 and have completed 15 to 20 calls. It's ALWAYS been a minimum charge job that takes two months or more to get paid on.

Up until last week we've always been able to remove to problem with no drama.

We were less than successful on a pet vomit mess on a wool rug. The owner signed off on the work order and we get paid regardless of our results.

Today I got this in the mail...

(No salutations)

Please send me a copy of the Technician report for this customer. The customer is also stating that the Technician that was sent to the home caused further damage to the carpet. The customer states that there is bleached spots on the carpet now. Please advise how you would like to handle this.
Thank you, Aaron | Technician Coordinator
ULTRA SHIELD™ Furniture Protection
4432 W. Hwy 80, Somerset, Ky 42503

I called the customer who told me no bleaching occurred at all and he only reported that the pet stain is still there and wanted a replacement rug like their warranty promises.

I responded with their email with..

I'll contact the customer and go inspect the claimed damage. You are aware that the pet stains did not clean out, correct?
Mike @ Connoisseur

and then.

I just talked to the customer and he says that WE DID NOT cause further damage. The pet stains just did not come out all the way.
Pet vomit on wool carpet needs to be completely flushed out before it gets a chance to dry, regardless if there was a protective "shield" applied.
Mike @ Connoisseur

No reply...

Reactions: Vincent Feehan

Mikey P

Administrator
Service Procedures
When an accident happens, simply call the Ultra Shield Customer Care Center at the number listed in your service agreement. Our Customer Care Center, which is based in the U.S.A. is staffed with dedicated, enthusiastic customer service professionals who will answer any questions you may have as well as provide a phone consultation, gathering information about the stain or damage and scheduling service appointments.

When a claim requires a technician, a local certified furniture repair technician will be contacted by Ultra Shield. These technicians are selected based on their expertise and proven success in repair services. Within a few days of receiving your completed claim information, the selected service technician will contact you to schedule an in-home appointment.

Ultra Shield certified repair technicians have a 92% success rate at cleaning stains and repairing accidental damage, however, damage that can’t be repaired may require Ultra Shield to buy replacement parts for your furniture. If replacement parts are not obtainable and your selected protection plan provides it*, Ultra Shield will purchase replacement furniture.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I found these kind of places to be such a nuisance that I decline their requests.

At the beginning, I accepted, as I thought they would be a good source for potential new clients. Never worked that way for me. Now I just say: NO.

Actually, it's kind of fun.

Reactions: Mikey P and Russ T.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I tried to remove a mustard stain for that outfit years ago. The customer had rubbed it into the micro fiber real well trying to clean it themselves. I only charged $65 back then. Never got paid. I bugged the furniture store so much about it that they quit offering the treatment.

Name
Nate W.
I tried to remove a mustard stain for that outfit years ago. The customer had rubbed it into the micro fiber real well trying to clean it themselves. I only charged $65 back then. Never got paid. I bugged the furniture store so much about it that they quit offering the treatment.

Over $65 dollars?!? Holy sheeeeet.....

AmyGeorge on Nate The Great's computer.........

Back in the late 90's early 2000's we did a lot of work for Scotchgard, Guardsman, Phoenix and did have to wait 45-60 days for payment. We would get about 20-25 claims a month @ $125 a pop... A few claims knew how to "play the system" and get new furniture. We'd go back out to the same house 1-2 years later and spot there new replacement furniture. Over the years we've saved the fabric protection companies asses. We did raise our cost and they slowly stopped using us. We'd still get the claims when the "cheaper" outfit couldn't remove the stains.

Don't really miss it. Too much paperwork to deal with. They complain about pennies on the dollar of replacement.

Reactions: jcooper and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to do a lot of that type of work years ago. It paid decent but the paperwork was extensive and we were not compensated for the time. The hassle became too much, so we gave up on doing warranty work for them.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Danny Strickland
I used to do warrentee work for Guardsman. Some months were 10+ service calls and some months none. They paid timely and we only failed 1-2 times total over 4+ yrs.

Name
Danny Strickland
I used my cleaners on Guardsman work? 90% was polyester micro fiber. some leather (mostly ink spots) and a few cotton prints.

MArdy, i still have my data base of customers I did the work for. I could start a new biz tomorrow if need be just off them!!!

I did try to get a couple gallons of the Guardsman protector from a furniture store who applied in his warehouse prior to delivering to customers. He had a 55gal drum. I had better luck winning the Lotto. They were tight fingered with that stuff. THEY MADE A KILLING OFF APPLICATION!!!

Back
Top Bottom