Do bio-enzymes really work?

If I spray a pissy rug with an enzyme, nothing happens.

Same scenario on wall to wall carpet. I can clean it good and soak with enzyme deodorant, and nothing. Still smells like piss two weeks later.

Washing a rug is great, but that concept can not be applied to wall to wall carpet.

I have a bad cat urine job that is a must get done properly tomorrow. Therefore I will be replacing padding, tack strips, and applying killz to everything. My job would be so much easier if these so called pet urine products actually worked even if it was with mediocre results.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
DanielC;

There are several types of enzymes and enzyme-generating organisms in our industry.

The least expensive products have bacteria that produce enzymes.

Next up the cost ladder, you have pure enzyme products,
which are faster acting and more durable.

Then you have pure oxidizers like OSR, etc.

At the top of the ladder, you have pure enzymes with a compatible oxidizer.
(like our Dynachem Odor-Attack).

These give the best results, and can even be used for trauma.

Larry

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
At the top of the ladder, you have pure enzymes with a compatible oxidizer.
(like our Dynachem Odor-Attack).

so Larry are you saying your product works better then OSR, Urine Rescue and similar products, if it is better then I would like to try it cause I tend to agree with Daniel

quat alot from judsons works everytime

I like Judson products but quat a lot didn't do me any good when I have used it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so Larry are you saying your product works better then OSR, Urine Rescue and similar products, if it is better then I would like to try it cause I tend to agree with Daniel

I use this........I think it works better.........

I think he was just pointing out that there are different ingredients available, some work better than others. So we need to find out what the products we use contain to make a fair comparison.

Thanks for the explanation Larry.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I like to use bio-modifier.(interlink)

It knocks out the odor on initial contact and continues to digest the urine for several days after treatment.

Some enzymes don't have the initial knock down and can take several days for the results to happen. While the client has to put up with the cleaning re-activating the odors.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
odor attack, osr, urine attack are all similar products. I have used 3 different brands and had good results with each. But you can't spray it on. You have to flood the area and then subsurface extract with a water claw. I did a job in a rental a while back. 6' by 6' area in a dining room. Had a medium sized dog piss like crazy in there. I flooded and extracted. Went back 6mo later after the new tenent moved out. Got down on my hands and knees and couldn't smell anything. I was sold. It works if you use enough and flood the area.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

OSR is an oxidizer product.

Odor Attack has the oxidizer, plus a pure enzyme engineered to be compatible with the oxidizer.

They are quite different.

You are right about pouring it on.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom