Do car engine powered TM.......

Name
Nate W.
Go by the same rule as the Direct Drive units do of 32-33 miles per machine hour?

At what point/hours do they need to be rebuilt?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
At what point/hours do they need to be rebuilt?
Since they're not moving the vehicle, I would think you treat them like any other TM - if oil consumption is high, or low compression, or making noises, or unreliable, etc. time for rebuild/replace.... otherwise good to go!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I ran the crap out of a 71 Datsun with an A12 (1197 cc) 2 bbl engine for many years. The firewall plate listed it as 69hp. Bulletproof.

The 46hp single bbl carb version in TM service never gets close to its performance possibilities.

MerCrewser

There's many more variables than that. These are stationary industrial engines run at a speed and load recommended by the manufacturer for constant operation. There's typically a recommended time of overhaul but I can't think of any Nissan powered tm needing an engine overhaul.

The tm hp rating is the constant hp rating of the engine. Much lower than automotive ratings.

J

JS41035

I also don't think the 32 miles per hour is entirely accurate. My WM had 6000 hours and 190000 miles when the stock motor went out. That would be almost 400000 miles. Not many Chevy 350s average that.

Reactions: Jimmy L

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You would rebuild an engine based on that particular engine. Some wear better than others. You can feel and smell what's coming out the exhaust pipe and get a good idea what's going on inside the engine. The lawnmower style just trash and replace. Automotive style are worth rebuilding if you can take the down time.
They also last a heck of a lot longer.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If the truckmountr manufacturer knows what they're doing, they're buying the industrial version of the auto-engine altered for stationary use. Lower HP, more torque to run in a narrow RPM range. With proper maintenance should last forever.

Reactions: dgardner

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If the truckmountr manufacturer knows what they're doing, they're buying the industrial version of the auto-engine altered for stationary use. Lower HP, more torque to run in a narrow RPM range. With proper maintenance should last forever.
the a15 is definitely an exception to that rule. auto that worked great as a stationary. i would of loved to of rebuilt it, i just don't have the time nor space.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
thank you Foothills Phil fer likin' my hit and miss engine....
these nincompoops don't even know what it is.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
93 GMC with Butler.

Cleans part time now with my former band director.

Over 250,000 road miles and over 11,000 hours.

About 619,000 miles on that motor. Still not using oil.

350 GM... Gonna let loose someday, but can't say she hasn't earned her keep and then some

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
9132512.jpg

Heres an 89 Butler system .. guy I used to work with back in the mid to late 80's. Look how clean it is !!

Reactions: Tony Wilson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom