Do Diesel slide ins stink your van

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I heard from some people that diesel slide in stink the truck/van pretty badly.
I am not sure if those were tied to the van's diesel engine tank, or if they caused the diesel smell because they had a diesel tank in the van.
What is your experience?
I am seriously considering a diesel van trying to avoid two separate sources of fuel yet since I deliver rugs can't have them smell from diesel fumes.

As usual, your advice is highly appreciated.
Ofer

Walt

I don't have any stink in my van at all. There is a little bit of soot that gets on bottles on the topshelf and on the cieling. It takes about a month before I notice it. Then I just clean it quickly.

However, almost every Diesel TMs I've seen in vans were very dirty - soot every where. I think the problem is the exhaust not routed under the van and the hoses going to the heat exchangers having leaks or not correctly seated. Most of the ones I've seen are BL. They all seemed to have frequent problems related to vibration.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Post subject: Do Diesel slide ins stink your van?

Not if you install one of these... :wink:

smoky.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
ran a perkins diesel for years, there is the bypass or blow by (whatever its called) off the valve cover gasket. Need to run that outside the box. Then just make sure all your exhaust fittings are good.
Get one exhaust leak and you best fix it quick! The diesel soot is a pain, gets everywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom