Do I need a new Heat Exchanger

ronnie173

Name
Jerome Raymond
So below is a video of water shooting out of my heat exchanger exhaust. The water is still getting hot and the machine still runs but the psi would not go over 800. Can anyone elaborate on what is happening. I think that I might need a new heat exchanger.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So below is a video of water shooting out of my heat exchanger exhaust. The water is still getting hot and the machine still runs but the psi would not go over 800. Can anyone elaborate on what is happening. I think that I might need a new heat exchanger.

Yes sir, you need a new heat exchanger. I think those coils are stainless steel, so it might be an outer coil for a welder to look at.

I would remove the front plate, and start taking it apart. If I remember correctly,. the hardest part about removing it would be to disconnect the engine exhaust pipe on top of that heat exchanger from years of rust and heat. Other than that, it's a simple process

ronnie173

Name
Jerome Raymond
Yes sir, you need a new heat exchanger. I think those coils are stainless steel, so it might be an outer coil for a welder to look at.

I would remove the front plate, and start taking it apart. If I remember correctly,. the hardest part about removing it would be to disconnect the engine exhaust pipe on top of that heat exchanger from years of rust and heat. Other than that, it's a simple process
Yeah I think that it is the heat exchanger. I might just order a blue barron heat exchanger. Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Does it have a vac blower preheated? If so you can easily bypass it and if your primary heat exchanger is fine, you just lose a little temperature.

ronnie173

Name
Jerome Raymond
Does it have a vac blower preheated? If so you can easily bypass it and if your primary heat exchanger is fine, you just lose a little temperature.
The primary is the one the water is coming out of in the video. But the thing is my water is still coming out hot. But my pressure is suffering. Also I do have a vac blower but i don't know if it is preheated. I have a Prochem Legend. If I bypass the vac blower will that stop all of the water from shooting out of the heat exchanger?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The primary is the one the water is coming out of in the video. But the thing is my water is still coming out hot. But my pressure is suffering. Also I do have a vac blower but i don't know if it is preheated. I have a Prochem Legend. If I bypass the vac blower will that stop all of the water from shooting out of the heat exchanger?
No it won't stop the leak. That heat exchanger is separate from the vac blower. It's just the engine's heat exchanger on that model. Look at how small that exhaust pipe is on the left vs the one on the right. The one on the right is the preheater with just the blower separate from the postheater on the left which is the engine

Reactions: Living The Dream

ronnie173

Name
Jerome Raymond
No it won't stop the leak. That heat exchanger is separate from the vac blower. It's just the engine's heat exchanger on that model. Look at how small that exhaust pipe is on the left vs the one on the right. The one on the right is the preheater with just the blower separate from the postheater on the left which is the engine
So when the hx is bad does that make the pressure go down? I can only get 400 psi of pressure. I just changed the check valves in my pump like 2 months ago.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So when the hx is bad does that make the pressure go down? I can only get 400 psi of pressure. I just changed the check valves in my pump like 2 months ago.
You're losing pressure at the point of the leak.

Imagine a garden hose when washing your car. You have great pressure at the gun, but if you sprang a leak in your hose you would lose pressure at your gun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom