Do keep a digital camera with you or on your truck?

Do you keep a digital camera on your truck?

• Total voters

Bob Foster

Cameras are cheap and useful. Especially for bringing us guys on the board pictures to help you out.

They can also be very useful for covering your butt in certain situations where you might be held responsible for previous damage to a carpet or upholstery.

Hey for 50 bucks why not?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I do now. A month ago I didn't. Am working on a brag book as part of my action plan from SFS. got a pretty good one at WallyWorld for around a 100 bucks. :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
davegill said:
yep...only problem i have is after downloading the pics i need to put the camera back on the truck..

Attach the truck keys to the camera strap and you can't go wrong Dave.

One of my helpers accidentally damaged a wood floor by scraping the edge of the wood floor while scrubbing tile with a 175 and blue nylon brush. The finish was removed in a spoy about 12 inches long and needs to be repaired. If I would have posted pics I am sure someone could have guided me through probably a very simple repair. Now the customer is slow about paying and I already deducted 200 from the invoice. I still may able to repair the floor. I am going to call the customer Monday and see if they have found someone to fix the floor. Should I get the customer to email me a pic of the damage?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no..i would have taken care of it for them..i have lined myself up with repair guys and would have had the repair lined up before they even saw the problem..
you are prolonging their agony by making them get it fixed and sending you pics and what not..chances are i would not have charged them for the job if
it inconvenienced them too much getting the wood fixed..you have about 100 good things to do for them to get them to forgive your mistake and
use you again..that is the only way you will make your money back..long term.

and tony thanks for the tip, i will start doing it..i usually put it on my paperwork book then just before i leave the shop i move it to the side and walk out..

Bob Foster

You can buy one the size of a cell phone and put it your pocket for under $100. That would give you 8MP which is very good for the detail we need. Most mobile phone cameras don't have enough res or flexibility for some of the shots a person is likely to take.

TimP

My blackberry pics look awful. The next gen Iphone will have a 3mp camera on it, which should be plenty for the boards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom