Do real american made Green Glides do this?

Mikey P

Administrator
20121020_145853_zpsd94cb894.jpg

20121020_145833_zps2d83802f.jpg

Lisa's glides are more expensive than the offering from Bristor, *** and that kenadian.

Maybe she can tell us why..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The bowing in the glide in the picture is because the Teflon was not properly annealed when it was manufactured. It looks fine until you try to machine it, then it bows like crazy. Most likely it was either recycled Teflon or manufactured at a plant that is not strict with proper annealing. There is only one Teflon manufacturer I will use just because of this problem.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Because Lisa makes quality and quality costs. Anyone buying anything other then a Green Glide deserves what they get. Oh and Ive been a continues stocker of both Green Glides then Back Strain Relievers and now LEGAL Green Glides for over 9 years CONTINUOUS never once did I get skeerred and run away like a bunch of other pussies....now for the guys taking a Green Glide and trying to copy them with cheap Teflon.....they need a teflon enama...now where is that picture of Al in his chem dry suit....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Hate to tell you this.....but my holed glide came from Green glides and it has done exactly the same thing....it has warped so bad that the center does not want to touch the carpet..........aside from one banana glide I bought years ago and a set of RX glides..........everything else has came from Green Glides....and knowing Lisa...I am sure she has the records to show it....with that being said...it is not a big deal for me to worry about....because that particular wand and glide I only use on the thicker pile carpet..if I was using it on Berbers..or CGD...then it would be another story............

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Annealing is heating the freshly extruded rod and then cooling it slowly to relieve the internal stress. If not done properly, when you machine the rod, it bows. This is not a factor for many Teflon products like washers and bearings and seals, but for our application it is huge. Teflon sourced from factories other than one (that I'm aware of) are not consistent with their annealing and you may get a good stick, you may get a bad one. You never know because you can't tell by looking. With virgin Teflon rod as expensive as it is, it's a risk we learned early on not to take.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Hate to tell you this.....but my holed glide came from Green glides and it has done exactly the same thing....it has warped so bad that the center does not want to touch the carpet..........aside from one banana glide I bought years ago and a set of RX glides..........everything else has came from Green Glides....and knowing Lisa...I am sure she has the records to show it....with that being said...it is not a big deal for me to worry about....because that particular wand and glide I only use on the thicker pile carpet..if I was using it on Berbers..or CGD...then it would be another story............

Jim, give me a yell and I will be glad to warranty it. They can warp from being removed and re-installed, especially the Prochems because they are so freaking hard to remove.

Call me tomorrow when you have a chance and we'll get you a new one.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, give me a yell and I will be glad to warranty it. They can warp from being removed and re-installed, especially the Prochems because they are so freaking hard to remove.

Call me tomorrow when you have a chance and we'll get you a new one.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks.... but don't worry about it....like I said...on this wand it is not a real big deal and its not causing me any problems.....

F

FB7777

Actually my Ken Harris glides hold up exceptionally well, no different than my greenglides

" bunch of pussies? " Quite a slam on your competitors John...

Butler and Ken Harris are two companies that I know of that continued to sell glides as I purchased from both during the Glide Wars

Glides are still missing from your website, btw

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Butler's glides were made in such a way that there was no conflict with the patents. They never were sued so there was never a reason for them to stop selling.

Ken was ballsier, but he also made an agreement with HRI about what he would and would not sell.

So far, we are the only ones who a judge said our design does not infringe, although it was a 7 year battle and until it was over selling GG's was a dicey business. Many disty's opted not to take the risk. John was not one of those.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Actually my Ken Harris glides hold up exceptionally well, no different than my greenglides

Butler and Ken Harris are two companies that I know of that continued to sell glides as I purchased from both during the Glide Wars

Glides are still missing from your website, btw

Yes they are still missing from my website. Until Lisa is back running 100% I am not risking not having a glide for my customers because I sold them all online and am waiting for another order from Lisa. There are things in life more important then money....

bunch of pussies---I said it and yep I'll stand by it just as I stood by Lisa.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson

That quote is exactly why I will always support John!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom