Do this

Mikey P

Administrator
on the next ten carpets you clean.

Take a new white cotton towel and rub it hard in a traffic lane or two after you're done cleaning.

Let us know or better yet, see, via a cell phone pic, what is coming up or not.

Are you man enough to admit you're not getting it all out?

Name
Nate W.
Is that before or after you post bonnet it? :mrgreen:

Was there not a company who soaked there rags in protection before the job and used it after to show the rag trick?

I noticed when I clean at 700 psi the post bonnet is barely even dirty, I did this again yesterday with a nasty I mean nasty,black I wanna throw it away, berber I cleaned. I was cleaning at 700 psi with 3 dry strokes after and the pad was barely dirty. PSI is huge for cleaning nasties alot of guys dont get it ..including me. I use to clean at 500 forever and made the switch and the results are amazing...so is the amount of prespray you use in the nasties, I really lay it down heavy, I mean holding the nozzle of my HF 2 inches from the carpet and hosing the crap out of it and then using a pile brush with 700 psi ...wow...even after 12 years I learned something new....psi is huge boys...

Name
I'm Rick James
I do notice that when I clean uph. I towel dry uph and remove more soil, i believe that is the same with carpets too.

:mrgreen:

Steve1

I do this on EVERY job so I know if it is clean, if the towel does not come up clean, I do it again.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve1 said:
I do this on EVERY job so I know if it is clean, if the towel does not come up clean, I do it again.

Do what again?

Use your wand with emulsifier or pre spray and rinse?

Do you check the whole carpet or just the worse areas?

Able 1

Name
Keith
The test, because that can't be right! :shock: :p

Keith

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
did this restaurant last night with the new secret prespray :shock:

prescrubbed with bonnet brush on a rotary, wiped the towel over it
battlegroundrest3lm4.jpg

by the time I started rinsing the grease had started to disappear, Jaesper was right, couldn't believe it

battlegroundrest1dq7.jpg

battlegroundrest2yt5.jpg

towel after soft water rinse
battlegroundrest4in3.jpg

can't seem to talk him into cleaning the tile & grout though :lol:

John Watson

let some of your prespray accidently get on the tiles and grout so he can see the difference after you rinse it off. Just give it lots of dwell time.

Mr.V

nice work steve but u should wash your wand :lol:

I use a rag on stairs all the time after cleaning,,,,just to check and also to get the last of soil

I'm gonna be post scrubbin alot within the next week or two when I get back on my own

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have already demoed an area for him and 3 months later it didn't look like I had cleaned it, with the secret sauce :shock: not much dwell time needed with a little scrub

I just kind of put that comment in there cause you know someone will say it :lol:

gonna do some employee training for him I think

to be honest with you the wand is a slight bit dirty after cleaning a few thousand sq ft and all the steam but the camera flash makes it look much worse, kind of like how a black light makes your white shirt stand out, this was 1 am in the morning and light was poor

So I should clean the wand when I am almost done with the job because it is dirty? Wouldn't it be better to clean it at the end of the job?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i dont do much resi but i will attempt this test next time i have 1. i only OP so who knows how it will turn out.

tx --- Derek.

PS: i just remembered my folks house is my next resi job...will test it Wednesday. off-white berber. but since i use Punch w/ 40 vol as a booster, i wont be surprised if not much comes up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom