Do we have a IICRC one month update?

Mikey P

Administrator
Its been over 30 days since the announcement of the new MB influenced staff changes at the IICRC HQ.

http://mikeysboard.com/2014/04/01/mikey-boarders-ruling-the-iicroost/

Other than a confirmed instillation of a 36" by 60" framed (and original) velvet painting of those poker playing dogs in Tony's Vegas penthouse suite, has anything else been accomplished?

We the cleaners demand and deserve a monthly update!

(and boy was this the HOT topic at the recent Experience show in Dallas)

I guess I can add an update or two..

-Craig Jasper quit the board in disgust.

-People who flew out to the grand unveiling of the new building were a bit pissed that only warm cans of soda were being served. Not even wilted vegetable sticks and some Ranch dip.

-"They run off all the people with experience in these matters and fill the board with a bunch of nobodies"- Jeff Bishop

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
And the checkbook goes back in the drawer !

So whats a newbie to do these days?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
yjuqe5az.jpg

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I guess I can add an update or two..

-Craig Jasper quit the board in disgust.
You been hangin' with the wrong crowd Willis. Mr. Jasper is a valued member of the IICRCA Board. I look forward to working with him.

-People who flew out to the grand unveiling of the new building were a bit pissed that only warm cans of soda were being served. Not even wilted vegetable sticks and some Ranch dip.
I doubt too many people drop $500 on a plane ticket hoping for a free sandwich, but maybe some of the old guard were hoping for a last bit of the golden age of wild spending. Or were you talking to the guy they evicted from the dumpster? :winky:

-"They run off all the people with experience in these matters and fill the board with a bunch of nobodies"- Jeff Bishop
Hmmm. The carpet cleaners and salesmen that used to run the place got the accreditation pulled and forced an expensive rewrite of a few standards. Thank goodness we now have people that don't know what they're doing to get those fixed. (That's a news flash by the way. The IICRC has their accreditation back.)

I think we're smart enough to know we'd be poor substitues for people that have training, experience and follow their industry's code of ethics to run specific programs.

I'd put my board up against anyone.
Smart group. Not a huckster or sociopath in the bunch.

TonyWheelwright
SonnyBass
BruceVance
JimPearson
Craig Jasper
Brett Miller
Carl Grimes
Cliff Zlotnik
Darrell Paulson
Jack White
Jeremy Reets
Joe Kowalski
Patrick Moffett
Scott Armour

Mikey P

Administrator
Uhhh..

You may want to call Jasper in the morning. :shifty:

He didn't make it seem like a secret or anything. Being honest with you Brian, he was pissed at how things were going, or should I say, NOT going..

Come on, Tony could have skipped on the Cheetah skin toilet seat and provided some hoagies for all those peole. What a tightwad.

Last edited:
Name
George Valliant
I'm very happy Jeremy Reets sounded the alarm regarding revision of the s 500.

Guessing you took his advice to heart and incorporated his recommendations into the new standard?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
So are they getting new office staff?

Our experience is rudeness on the phone and they act like we are not their customers. Great example for how to run a small business. Just saying.

Having Joe on the board is like our own little Bill gates. Nice! maybe we can actually hit the 21st century and just renew our certifications on line and not have to get snail mail and send a check. See what you can do Joe!

How about a interactive map showing all certified firms and not the archaic system they have now.

How about online testing with real time results. Just saying!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Guess I can't answer too many questions on the IICRC side of the aisle, so if Craig had issues there or Jeremy's suggestions went against the flow I wouldn't be involved. Jeremy is also on the Council Board so I'll josh him about his suggestion of allowing a double-stack of airmovers for every four square feet of wet floor.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Why are you hating on restorers?

We are just trying to help everyone including ourselves.

Dang rug washer, hating on us poor water damage fellows

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My I ask, "What's wrong with Oz"?? :pig:

I've lived here for 69 years, & still loving it. :icon_razz:

:yoda:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I'm very happy Jeremy Reets sounded the alarm regarding revision of the s 500.

Guessing you took his advice to heart and incorporated his recommendations into the new standard?

Regarding S500, the committee that was charged with writing the standard is still looking over all the input. I understand they expect to have a revised version completed soon. Then it will go our for a 30 day public review period. We will all get to see what changes they made and have a 2nd opportunity to comment.

Name
George Valliant
Thanks Scott.

Please keep us posted when the next public review period is available.

I'd be very interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom