Do you agree with our newest Admin?

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: My 1st year on my own is done.
Posted By admiralclean on 4/4/2009 at 2:35 PM

I am going to tell you something that will draw immediate fire from just about every poster on this brag board, but what I am going to tell you is the truth. Listen if you have ears.

The absolute worst thing you can do is come here and take advice from most of these guys regarding what you should charge. Nothing will limit you in your market like overpricing yourself will. (With the one exception of how quickly you can kill yourself if you do sorry work.)

Advocating high prices sounds so cool, and advocating reasonable prices sounds so counter-intuitive that it is easy to get a consensus here about being an outrageous pricer, but the truth is, you need to listen to that inner voice you have regarding your pricing and not the BS your going to get off this board.

You know your market.
Modified By admiralclean on 4/4/2009 at 2:36 PM

Or does this rule only apply in Pratsville, AL where all the Cleaners have zero personality.

Great post by marty and great advice... ICS bullsheet pricing makes wanna fookin puke..pricing is determined how you do it,your market(avg income in your area) and obviously what your overhead is and what volume you can do...a simple formula is to try to shoot for is 150 min gross an hour..anymore is fantastic.

yes I agree, half these clowns on these boards of full of crap.

Bob Foster

When I was away during my mental breakdown and enjoying alternating days of LSD, ICS and electroshock therapy my therapist finally got me to realize this place is only a FOOKING BULITIN Board!

All you guys fooken lighten up and at least try and be as nice as your are mean (on alternating days of course)

I'm going to be nice to Nancy

tomorrow.

Bob Foster

sMaRTY's right.

And rumors of my demise are disingenuously perpetuated by a delusional urinal cake snorting millionare janitor.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
yes Marty has lots of good posts

He tries to do in home estimates on all new customers-been working well for me

He said try to get regular commercial work before you spend to much on marketing to resi.-or something along those lines-one of those posts that I know is true but I didnt want to hear it. But going after commercial is a good way to go. Less or no marketing costs and some good easy work, Its just not fun calling or showing up but it works.

Any one else notice Odins has been extra mean I think hes getting nervous

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I think Marty is right. I charge much more affordable prices than the big pricers here and I keep busy. With few exceptions, every call I receive is a booked job. Keeping my prices in the middle of the market and delivering the best cleaning they could possibly get, my customers know there is no other company in Metro Detroit they should call.
But it is also true you must always know your costs and how much you need to charge to make a living in this business. No one here can tell you that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Art Kelley said:
I think Marty is right. I charge much more affordable prices than the big pricers here and I keep busy. With few exceptions, every call I receive is a booked job. Keeping my prices in the middle of the market and delivering the best cleaning they could possibly get, my customers know there is no other company in Metro Detroit they should call.
But it is also true you must always know your costs and how much you need to charge to make a living in this business. No one here can tell you that.

Ken Snow says you do hack work at best.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

I am going to tell you something that will draw immediate fire from just about every poster on this brag board, but what I am going to tell you is the truth. Listen if you have ears.

The absolute worst thing you can do is come here and take advice from most of these guys regarding what you should charge. Nothing will limit you in your market like overpricing yourself will. (With the one exception of how quickly you can kill yourself if you do sorry work.)

Advocating high prices sounds so cool, and advocating reasonable prices sounds so counter-intuitive that it is easy to get a consensus here about being an outrageous pricer, but the truth is, you need to listen to that inner voice you have regarding your pricing and not the BS your going to get off this board.

You know your market.

Or does this rule only apply in Pratsville, AL where all the Cleaners have zero personality.

he is absolutely 100% correct........one of the reasons if people pay close attention I have never ever posted what I charge and/or make.....every ones market is different and someone is going to lose everything that they have worked for.... charging what some people say that they make and that is not what there market can handle........

Name
Shawn Forsythe
To become "made," the inductee is said to be required to take the oath of "Omertà" or, "code of silence." This ceremony allegedly involves the pricking of the trigger finger of the inductee, then dripping blood onto a picture of a Saint, typically St. Francis of Assisi or the Virgin Mary, which is then set alight in his hand and kept burning until the inductee has sworn the oath of loyalty to his new "family", e.g., "As this card burns, may my soul burn in Hell if I betray the oath of Omertà", or "As burns this saint, so will burn my soul. I enter alive and I will have to get out dead". However, contrary to popular depictions in films, the burning of the image of the family's saint (often a tissue is substituted) is not a test of will. The paper is juggled from hand to hand by the new member and it burns so quickly that no damage is done if he juggles the burning paper.

After the ceremony the inductee is now a made man and a full member of the Mafia hierarchy, with certain responsibilities and privileges. The "Made" man now enjoys the protection of the Mafia establishment as long as he remains in favor and a previously agreed percentage of his criminal earnings are passed further up the hierarchy.

To attack, let alone kill, a "Made" man for any reason without the permission of those mafiosi higher up in the organization is seen as a cardinal sin which will normally be met with severe retaliation, in many cases regardless of whether the perpetrator has a legitimate grievance. The 'made' man was traditionally seen as untouchable by the law as well as by his fellow criminals, a man to be respected and feared.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey P said:

You know your market.

That had to be the smartest thing if not the ONLY smart thing Marty has ever said. I am pretty sure it is the only thing he I have ever agreed with

hogjowl

Idiot™
HEY!

You married a gun toting Morman woman. How smart can THAT be?

She might just kill you now just so you'll get to the terrestrial kingdom.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
When marty isn't just being a mean old coot I usually take his advice. You don't get to be a rotten old codger like him without having a few tricks up your sleave. Oh & yeah I agree.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
If I didn't listen to some of these high price guru's I'd still be charging 85% less than what I do now, I'd still be working more and making less and I'd probably be divorced.

I thought Dick Ragan was an idiot years ago when he said we should all be charging 50 cents/psf. I couldn't have imagined, in my case anyway, just how right he was.

You do have to figure out for yourself what your market will bear, we just happen to be in a high-rent district that's willing to pay more. Of course, the cost of living is high, too. But, you can't afford to tell youself anyone who claims to charge more than you think is possible is a liar or full of it.

F

FB7777

just another nugget of common sense from the porkster

it actually shouldn't need to be posted but

common sense ain't so common anymore

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
HEY!

You married a gun toting Morman woman. How smart can THAT be?

She might just kill you now just so you'll get to the terrestrial kingdom.

Oh Marty...he missed the terrestrial kingdom LONG before he met me!! :p

oops...i forgot...i posted on John's account for a change! HAH!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom