Do you always run a rinse?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Alkaline. It rinses and cleans better.
When I did side by side tests at home and many cleanings at clients. Acid left somewhat of a softer hand, yet as far as resoiling I could not see any difference. Supposedly alkaline will re-soil faster. Didn't happen, And with the alkaline rinse, definitely less re-appearing stains.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Fiber plus mixed 1/2 strength. We did shut it off yesterday for 1 job because she is supposedly chemically sensitive.

Gene

Name
Marcus
What kind of alkaline rinse does everyone use...
I have heard dry slurry is good....
I use straight water or acid rinse......

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
when you run a rinse do you find yourself running an acid or alkaline rinse more often and why.

Most days I run an emulsifier/alkaline type product as my rinse. Nothing crazy ph wise, generally 7-8 range. Used MB soapfree for a while it had a ph 10 and had no resoiling issues.
I do expect some cleaning ability with my rinse, using a product just to lower ph, seems puzzling.

Using a rinse with some cleaning ability seems to make a huge difference at times. Example: using a carbonated rinse on a light colored carpet and so on...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have heard dry slurry is good....

it is.
just like most all Prochem chems ...top-o-da-heap

alkaline rinse ...anywhere from 1/3 to max.
day in and day out, 1/3-1/2 of what manufacture suggests

why?..cause it's better than plain water (98.75% of cleaners who say plain water is best have chem pumps that DON'T WORK)
and acid doesn't do a thing to make anything better on the average synthetic wall to wall

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've run acid, alkaline and neutral. I've used all the current board favorites, and a few that nobody has heard of. I've never been able to tell anything pro or con between the acids and neutral rinses. In fact, I was left with the opinion that I might as well have been using water. The same can be said about most of the alkaline rinses I've used, with two exceptions.

Dry Slurry and Formula 90 are the only two products that I ave ever used that actually work well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
When you say you notice a difference, what are you noticing and does it still leave it soft when running alkaline as a rinse?

We just fresh water rinse with 2 of 3 trucks but have used all fiber rinse when we feel it necessary or might be wise to use a rinse.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I see no difference in the "feel" of the carpet no matter if I'm using Formula. 90 or a water rinse, but I can SEE a slight difference while cleaning. On trashed carpets, cleaning with F90 or DSlurry will require less cleaning passes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've used Dry Slurry for many years. It is a more versatile cleaner, as it contains more solvents etc. I also think that as a result, it will also leave somewhat more solvent based residue. Not a biggie, yet definitely not a positive.

As Richard mentions, the pre-conditioner does the heavy lifting, therefore a milder less solvent heavy rinse is fine. Been using Procyon, Soapfree, DFC, for a long time now, without any cleaning compromises and never looked back. Clients are happy. Disclosure: I don't specialize in TTC (totally trashed carpets). If they rebuilt their motorcycle's engine on the living room carpet, mistaking the carpet for a towel, I refer their business to Marty.

Though at times it's hard to be .... all our cleaning is Kermit approved :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Attention and reading skills are your friends my friend:
Acid left somewhat of a softer hand, yet as far as resoiling I could not see any difference. Supposedly alkaline will re-soil faster. Didn't happen, And with the alkaline rinse, definitely less re-appearing stains.

But not to push my luck- NO.

Reactions: hogjowl

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
For those that are using an alkaline rinse with an alkaline PresprAy, any resoiling concerns?

No

PH has NOTHING to do with resoiling
gooey/sticky residue does .

if you leave a gooey residue in an acid state, it resoils faster than a non gooey residue in an alkaline state

it's a myth that PH alone causes rapid resoil

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For those that are using an alkaline rinse with an alkaline PresprAy, any resoiling concerns?
Never and we live in small town usa where there are limited numbers. You're only as good as your last job.

You need to buy better quality products and you won't have resoilng issues. Not all products are the same.

In general "Pay less, you get less", when cheap products take longer to be effective or don't rinse well and cause you to takes more steps to remove them, they are no longer cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't have resoiling issue but with the smaller truckmount that we use a lower psi and lower flow I want more information as I would like the option of a bit more cleaning power.

On our bigger units we just flush like crazy and don't have issues.

Mike Draper

I run prochem all fiber rinse. (acid) I'm pretty new to the rinse thing though. Only been using it for about 12months. I used to run RO water, but after doing some side by side comparisons on two carperts I clean regularly, the rinse worked better than the RO water. Left the carpet softer, less wickbacks, actually, no wickbacks at all. One of the carpets I cleaned had at least a dozen or more juice and soda and milk spills so it was definately a good demo. Before I would see some wickbacks around 3-4 days later on this clients carpet with RO water (my neighbor) The results didnt lie. No more RO water. However I am open to trying other rinses.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I run prochem all fiber rinse. (acid) I'm pretty new to the rinse thing though. Only been using it for about 12months. I used to run RO water, but after doing some side by side comparisons on two carperts I clean regularly, the rinse worked better than the RO water. Left the carpet softer, less wickbacks, actually, no wickbacks at all. One of the carpets I cleaned had at least a dozen or more juice and soda and milk spills so it was definately a good demo. Before I would see some wickbacks around 3-4 days later on this clients carpet with RO water (my neighbor) The results didnt lie. No more RO water. However I am open to trying other rinses.
Mike, test at your home, if you have carpet.
What did it for me, beside the results I could see with my clients' carpet, were my tests at home.
I did three separate tests at home in two separate areas. Right next to the kitchen (high traffic, food etc.) and in the living room, light use.
Pre-sparyed and did an alkaline rinse and an acid rinse, side by side. Same exposure to traffic, soil etc.
After months the acid rinse side did not re-soil any less than alkaline side. Both took a long time to re-soil. Alkaline side seemed somewhat cleaner and spots wicked less. Actually hardly ever.

See how it perform at your home and decide.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I used to think folks were making up their supposed problems with wicking to make a case for whatever chemical or procedure they were advocating, as I've never had a problem with it. Slowly, over the years, I've come to understand that I was just lucky that I was simply a better cleaner than those folks. Thank God that I am not like them.

Mike Draper

Which is cheaper to run?

Thats a bold statement Mike.

and would piss off a lot of the pure water fags.

COST? Its was sixes. But adding a rinse is a hell of a lot easier and less time consuming than filling up my damn tank each evening. 200 gallons, PIA!!

Offer, I have a secret. That house with all the spills is mine. My neighbors house carpet is amost identical as they have 4 kids and just as many spills.
hers is a light sculptured nylon, mine is a 20 year old 80oz. cut pile nylon. Looks brand new after cleaning. Those RO water guys can keep their water and zero res can eat shit, bunch a hacks they are.

EDS

Name
Ed
I run an acid rinse on all Jobs. Fabset rinse and use bio break or flex (powdered versions) as pre-spray. Soiling conditions will determined how much prefer spray I put down and how long I leave it for.

Able 1

Name
Keith
No rinse for me, but we pre-spray everything(and have a towel handy for the ceilings). Can't think of a time that I had a problem my pre-spray couldn't handle..

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I used to think folks were making up their supposed problems with wicking to make a case for whatever chemical or procedure they were advocating, as I've never had a problem with it. Slowly, over the years, I've come to understand that I was just lucky that I was simply a better cleaner than those folks. Thank God that I am not like them.
I am going to quote these words, because they do contain the truth as this is the same for me.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom