Do you charge more for rotary extraction

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yes.

We charge by the ft.² cleaned depending on the type and condition of the carpet. I charge more depending on how much I use the RE. Most residentials get RE in the living spaces.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
No. I feel it is your responsibility and duty to provide the best possible job you can with the equipment you have and you should price yourself accordingly. A construction worker doesn't charge you more if he uses a bigger hammer and can nail the boards together faster.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All cleaning is a matter of degree.

It takes different chems/processes/tools and most important to my bottom line...time, to achieve the highest level I can achieve.

That being said our price range is pretty tight. Our low to high isn't wildly different. I do like to change more to recover the extra time I've spent using the RE.

All of our customers are given the range over the phone and 80% of them find themselves right in the middle so they don't feel like they got ripped off.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes

Because we like money and more money is a lot better than less money.

If the job was quote over the phone and the reality when we showed up was different that described then we up charge if they want a rotary.

It really is just a bonus for us as we are going to crb or 175 and flush anyways. So time wise it is about the same.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
No, than again we hardly ever see trashed jobs.

I do. Some customers only want light cleaning in traffic areas etc. I don't see how you can charge someone top dollar to spray and suck some traffic areas. I wish I could get top dollar for every job, but in my market that is not possible. I offer package pricing five to be exact. Rotary extraction is priced as a premium clean about double what spray and suck costs with a wand.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Better question... how much are you charging per sq. ft. for RE on commercial jobs?

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Noooooo! We are paid to clean, the best way, all the time! Everytime! So, we use the RX- when its practical, and wand when its practical. Since we're the experts, its our call.

For example, I may wand the bedrooms, if I see a light soil load, but if its a wide open room, I'll RX, because its faster (and more thorough) cleaning and faster drying. Other areas, I'll edge with the wand, and RX the rest. I use the RX on most every job!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Noooooo! We are paid to clean, the best way, all the time!

Yes, but if the rx cleans better than shouldn't it be used in EVERY area, NOT the wand. Practical or not "best way all the time" means rx... Right???:stir:

Yes, I think it's okay to occasionally charge more to use the rotary. If I use the rx because I want to, I wouldn't charge more. If I needed to use the rx(trashed)then yes, I should be charging more. More work.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Nope....we use the appropriate tool whatever it takes to get the job done efficiently....

Which in the long run saves me money too, because would usually be quicker to perform the work....AND...

I have happier "Cheerleader" clients getting me more work....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
In a way yes. If I need to pull out a rotary to get a carpet cleaned due to extreme soiling
I've already priced that factor in.
Just like if I had to break out the steamer to remove a half dozen kool-aid spots.
It's going to take longer so it gets added to the price.

Reactions: jcooper

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
No. I feel it is your responsibility and duty to provide the best possible job you can with the equipment you have and you should price yourself accordingly. A construction worker doesn't charge you more if he uses a bigger hammer and can nail the boards together faster.
But he is going to charge more if he uses 2x6 walls rather than 2x4s. The house won't look any different but thicker walls and more insulation is worth more. And using a rotary takes longer and cleans better and therefore is worth more.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom