do you cover hard surfaces when cleaning??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you don't...you SHOULD

what do you think Mrs Phiff's impression of you would be if you stretched your hoses across this?

008-5.jpg

if you're not covering hard surfaces now...start!

Sherwin Williams has 10 wt runners .
They're 4ft wide and come in 15 and 24ft lengths
get you some...
They also have 12ft runners, but they're cheap 6 wt .
Buy the good ones..... 10wt

BTW, it took 60ft of runners to cover from the entrance to the bedrooms at the end of that hall
We keep 4 runners on board..two 24 ft and two 15 ft'rs
The 15's get used the most, but the 24's are perfect size for a flite of wooden tread steps.
So get at least one 24ft'r

do it NOW!!!

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I do the same for uph when it's over wood floors.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
I do the same for uph when it's over wood floors.

x2 but I always use it for upholstery. I never did get the guys who make youtube videos with no drop cloths on anything vinyl, carpet, wood, tile, etc...

If the floor is messed up/scratched up and what not, it's not a big priority for drop cloths. However, I do have walk off towels at each exit/entry to the rooms of carpeting.

Chris A

Name
Chris
absolutely, except wooden staircases, the trip hazard bothers me especially carrying blowers, etc. For those we just be extra careful and wipe down any drips, overspray, etc. We just use white sheets from anywhere.

John Watson

We make it a point to ask when the last time their floor was thourly cleaned and/or refinished. (We pick up a few recote jobs like this.). Unless it is a new job, Helen does such a great job of laying out the hoses and protecting the connections we do not cover. We have never had a problem with scratching or marring a floors finish. But, I do agree it does make a powerful statement when you do. Our clients wouldn't want to see Helen packing in all those moving blankets by herself, so they forgive us. They know I can't do it because I am wheesing so much just from walking..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you for the links.

FCC, do you use the tarps and do they work for you?
I have some but they always lump up, get in the way, cause slipping, look terrible and do not give any moisture protection.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
if you don't...you SHOULD

what do you think Mrs Phiff's impression of you would be if you stretched your hoses across this?

008-5.jpg

That's the nicest doublewide I've seen in a while!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Chris, on staircases take one of those narrow drop cloths and wrap the hoses in it. Then it's not much of a trip hazard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom