do you donate to the SPCA?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Mike

Stanny, the last survivor of my precious pets, has started urinating on my living room rug. He's 15 and I'm certain he will get worse, not better, so after today's "deposit," I have quarantined him in the dining/kitchen/back porch, where he spends most of his time anyway.

However, the smell in my house is enough to make a person faint. I was gone for five days, and I think that he urinated all along the wall/carpet under the bay windows when the house sitter was at work.

I understand that you need a black light and enzyme cleaner to spot the urine and effectively remove the odor. I also read where hot water or steam is the worst thing you can do to clean it.

Can you help me? Stan is on prescription food that makes him drink and urinate a lot, so I'm afraid the damage is right down to the floorboards.

You have cleaned my carpets for almost nine years, but I have never presented you with a problem this big.

I was going to use your 15% discount coupon to clean the whole house in March, but this situation is so urgent. Would it be possible to have an emergency appt for the urine only and schedule all of the rooms mid-March before the coupon runs out?

Sorry this is so long!

Thanks,

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Awww...tell him to ask his vet to teach him to express his dog's bladder so he doesn't leak. It's not good for the dog or the house to leak. He should also ask about putting the dog on Proin to help strengthen his bladder muscles. Give him my email address and I'll send him some protocols I have written on old dogs and incontinence.

By the way, if you want to assure that most of the money you donate actually goes to help the dogs and not to pay staff, then donate to a reputable 501(c)3 rescue who has an all volunteer staff. If you check the GuideStar, you will see that the SPCA and Humane Society spend little of their monies on the animals themselves.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have a couple a year similar to that. If my cat ever got that bad I'd make her a place that would be low maintenance to keep clean, certainly not having run of the house.

Similar to a terminally incontinent relative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom