Do you have a spare pressure pump on the shelf?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Funny you should ask. I just put a new Cat 5cp on my rig, going to R&R the trusty General so IT will be ready on the shelf vacated by the Cat.

"Compatible" does NOT mean directly bolt-on replacement:
1. The 24mm shaft is larger dia. = different clutch or pulley needed.
2. You will need to measure and drill at least 2 new holes in the baseplate or pump rails.

The water inlets and outlets are identical.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
Of course we have a spare pressure pump. It's located in the spare Butler Van with the spare RX-20 and all the other spare goodies you need when something breaks. If it's mechanical, it's going to break eventually. Gotta be ready--the show must go on.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Yup, got a brand new General on the shelf along with a seal kit.
It is hard to entice bidders when the bidding starts just a few dollars below retail.
I know most charge about 900 bucks for that pump but it can be had for $569

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a spare cat for the thermalwave ....but I don't have a spare general for the 570..........

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Being a porty hack, I have 2 spare machines. Back up for my back up.Oh shit- I gotta get that powerflyte shipped.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You may have already guessed- I don't.
1) You (definitely not I) want me to fix or replace a pump. Let's just say that mechanical repair is not my calling and leave it at that.
2) Where do you draw the line? Do you carry a replacement blower? Heat exchangers?

I just want to have fun.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You need people Ofer. I can get repairs in Sundays. I always keep spares of everything. Useless mechanically too.

Reactions: ruff

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We don't have spare heat exchangers but yes spares for all other components as the heat exchanger can easily routed around if the situation arouse that we would have to bypass it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I see no reason why anyone should not have back-ups on hand of any major component who's expected duty cycle may be approached within 6-12 months time, and any "cheap" components prone to acute catastrophic failure should always be on hand.

One benefit of sourcing them ahead of time as opposed to having to "scramble" for one, is that you have the time to find the best deal and maybe save some nice coin.

Regardless if you can do a swap yourself or not, better to have an extra on hand so the only thing to do to get back to generating income is to have Cooter do the swap, and not have to be down the additional time needed to find, order and get it in hand.

Also don't forget, Murphy knows when you are dead in the water while eagerly waiting for a vital replacement part to arrive.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have 2 cat pumps my older 405 with 9800 hours was rebuilt once my other one has 4000 hours still a baby. I don't need $500.00 to $900.00 inventory on shelf, But what ever floats your boat.

I actually would look forward to the one day I'm down every three years as a chance to take a break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Yes I do.
desa4a7y.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom