Do you love what you do?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm curious to hear who here really loves the cleaning carpets part of cleaning carpets.

You can love the money, the simplicity, the machinery, the freedom, the oportunity, the customer feel good factor, the Mikey's Board experience, the challenge, the lack of challenge, the information, the marketing, the creativity, the differences of opinion, all the people who help you like the suppliers, the internet programs, the call centers, the yellow pages :?: ....you get the idea

But do you really love the cleaning carpet part?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Brian R said:
I'm curious to hear who here really loves the cleaning carpets part of cleaning carpets.

You can love the money, the simplicity, the machinery, the freedom, the oportunity, the customer feel good factor, the Mikey's Board experience, the challenge, the lack of challenge, the information, the marketing, the creativity, the differences of opinion, all the people who help you like the suppliers, the internet programs, the call centers, the yellow pages :?: ....you get the idea

But do you really love the cleaning carpet part?

When I clean for my target market, I love cleaning carpets. When I do the "other jobs" then it becomes just a job.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I love it. The people I meet, the beautiful places I work (on Lake Barkley today), the near instant gratification of the "wow factor". Worked with my wife, Theresa, today. It was like an all-day date.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I love what I do..and that will make it harder for me to step off the truck this year.......
not every job is a good one but you just have to take the bad with the good and move on.....

Love it. WHat other profession would allow me to be able to work only a few hours a day and pursue my hobbies at the same time without becoming homeless??

A

amazingcleansc

The Asian Sensation!! said:
Love it. WHat other profession would allow me to be able to work only a few hours a day and pursue my hobbies at the same time without becoming homeless??

And there you have it!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I do believe once you learn how to do high quality work and have success with satisfying customers, then it becomes the best part of this business.

So yes I love to do the work! And hate all paper work marketing etc etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But the ACT of cleaning...slinging a wand...we all love the freedom it gives.
But if you could do something else...with the same benefits of carpet cleaning...would you do that instead if it didn't involve the physical part?

Some answered with just a "Yes". Is it fun to clean a carpet?

Don't get me wrong..I actually miss cleaning every once in a while...the actual act of cleaning.
Of course it only takes one job to bring be back to reallity. :mrgreen:

Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I am only talking about the physical act of cleaning a carpet.

?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I always will.

I have been bored with it, tired of the monotony at times, but show me a new truck and new tool and I can't wait to try it out.

I still enjoy cleaning, seeing the improvement I can make.

While I appreciate I don't have to do it everyday, I miss the hero feeling.

You don't get that in the office. :(

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The physical aspect is overrated by pussies. I remember when i went from a porty to a TM someone told me about dragging the hose and the bigger wand etc etc. I prescrub EVERY JOB at this point with the 175 I got here on mikeys board and wand with the gldeless wand every job(not a big fan of the glided wand)
A ton of furniture is more taxing than pushing the wand. All in all pretty easy all around. I would be more tired working the phone all day

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I love what I do. I hate the people that do it for me....Actually, I only hate them when they don't show up for work and I have to go remove 4 layers of vinyl and 2 layers of underlayment....rat bastards.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doc Holliday said:
Yea I always will.

I have been bored with it, tired of the monotony at times, but show me a new truck and new tool and I can't wait to try it out.

I still enjoy cleaning, seeing the improvement I can make.

While I appreciate I don't have to do it everyday, I miss the hero feeling.

Rich and i are like kindred spirits ....
I couldn't of said it better

when you run that wand across a soiled rag and it "lights up" right before your eyes....welp, it's like magic...

not magic enough that I want back on the truck full time though....

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom