Do you make bulk purchases before winter?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I usually try to start stocking up now while there is still a bit of extra work to be found so I can coast through the slower times in the winter... Am I alone here? Anyway, check out my schill post in the garage sale room. LOL

Seriously though, I always pick up a few extra buckets of floor finish and stripper, a few cases of stripping, burnishing & doodle bug pads and a butt load of carpet chems and OP towels. It just makes sense to me to do it now while I have the extra $ instead of sweating over it come February. Besides, it's always easier to just have the juice there already...

http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... x&cPath=16

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We try to stock as little as we can, but when distributors make special offers then we have to weigh if it's worth the perks to spend the money.

You do have some good deals on your site.

Might have to spend some money. :x

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Of course, Ken orders by the semi load anyway I'm sure.... Especially when buying black thunderbirds.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Ofer. We do make, or have made a lot of our own things such as our carpet, furniture & rug cleaning solutions and we also buy a few raw materials in bulk from non cleaning industry suppliers and then make our own specialty stain removal products. We also buy a lot of things from suppliers like JonDon, Masterblend, Chemspec etc.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I don't take winter into consideration at all. I do try to save by making large orders and taking advantage of sales.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its amazing how many cc i come across that "make their own juice" i mean if your a chemist wtf are you cleaning carpets???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

West

Name
Clint
I stock up before winter, so I do not have to spend any money at all in the winter month's. Also there are certian products we use that can freeze when shipped UPS in the cold (I'm in Vermont), not many. But I feel better having over stocked on everything when there is a foot of snow out side, also no backyard distributors near me, so I have any thing I need with out having to chase it down on a as needed basis.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Winter ??? what's winter ???

Due to cyclones in the wet season, we do purchase more supplies just in case, prior to "the wet".

Being so far from a supplier, and with roads cut due to rising rivers and creeks, we often need products on hand that can't be sourced locally.

We also buy up prior to the end of the financial year, mainly on non deteriorating supplies, parts and those items that I "need" !gotcha!

This also helps slightly to lower our profit for the year. :oops:

We've just come out of "winter" a couple of months ago, I think it got down to 65f this year, brrrrrr. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

Ryan

Winter picks up a little for me. Snow and salt are hell on VCT shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom