Do you neutralize your carpet ? your steps

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
IF I clean say a dennys with powerburst and clean with dry slurry. what are your steps for neutralizing. do you simply just spray same acid rinse down and extract ? or do you change out your chem jug and go over the carpet again? one bottle I have says to spray the neutral rinse down then agitate and dry pass it. just curious what you all do

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
ph is a measurement for water. one it's dry it has no ph.
i care more about the product i'm leaving behind,will it promote resoling, cause any health problems ect.
gene

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Denny's pays for neutralizing?

I never neutralize. Usually a ph neutral or slightly higher rinse. I don't think olefin carpet cares anyways.

Albert

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dont usually either but, it seems like when i did dennys last the next day the carpet was dark again. so not sure if it was shadows or what

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
IF I clean say a dennys with powerburst and clean with dry slurry. what are your steps for neutralizing. do you simply just spray same acid rinse down and extract ? or do you change out your chem jug and go over the carpet again? one bottle I have says to spray the neutral rinse down then agitate and dry pass it. just curious what you all do

neutralize it why, Joey??

what's the PH of grease anyway??

to answer your question, no.
what's important is leaving as little re-soiling residue as practical

leaving a carpet in a neutral PH is the biggest bunch of bullony that ever came out of the chem maker's spigot ....cause PH has NOTHING to do with re-soil rates

and as an after spray you very well may be leaving MORE re-soiling residue than if you didn't spray it.
especially the ones that use citric acid

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
so would you rinse powerburst with drt slurry? or a acid rinse? My prespray should take car of everything anyways right.? so why make acid last step rinse hmm

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sounds like it wicked Joey. This can easily happen if it was compacted before. Rinse well, dry dry dry fast. Or just op it and hide the dirt :D

Albert

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Best combo I found is Powerburst and Heatwave.

No re-soiling problems.

You could consider Heatwave the next gen of dry slurry. Higher cloud-point....just a better emulsifier in my experience.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
The carpet was only 2 months old. it was dry fast i used fans. All of the carpet was dry when i walked out the door. Im thinking its just shadows from the booths

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
look what the directions say rinse with.........
http://www.sapphirescientific.com/Conte ... x?cid=1198

and the point is??

it's an emulsifier, a detergent

Includes water conditioning agents, surfactants, alkaline builders, water soluble solvents and corrosion inhibitors

don't see anything about acid.

to answer your other question, yes we do rinse Powerburst with an emulsifier.
Not with Dry Slurry..... though that would be fine and dandy too.

you don't need to use as much emulsifier in the TM .
about 1/2 of what they recommend is plenty..."IF" you're using a quality pre-spray.
(and Powerburst is a hard hitting pre-spray)

the detergent thru the TM is needed to condition the rinse water, add a bit fragrance and inhibit corrosion/scale

..L.T.A.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
You don't have to neutralize on a grease pit rest. Thats for sure. I rarely neutralize, Except on some burber and I don't use emulsifiers that say on thier directions to neutralize as a last step. It seems to be a more recent thing neutralizing. :roll: never used to be like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom