Do you really need a wash pit?

That is rinsing rugs, not washing. Hitting with a 175 is just part of it and can't be done in all cases. How do you expect to decontaminate urine? It really tears me to see a half assed carpet cleaner do a half assed job, this is a disservice to real rug cleaners.

Reactions: rhyde

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
th

Only if something like this is involved : )

Reactions: your_good_sons
When I move out of my driveway/garage later this year, I was thinking I'd put a few web cams in the new building to allow people to watch their rug being cleaned and provide security. Now just have to find some employees with the right assets and the web cam could its own little enterprise. Sexy rug wash, stroke your wand or squeeze your fringe, we'll help get those stains out.

Reactions: GCCLee

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Controlling water flow specifically where that water goes is important. Some level of containment and control
is nice but not required. I see mattresses several feet away from water and no barrier other than the plastic they are in
and that makes me a little nervous.

I found this a bit disturbing bailed up rug likely with water over-spray and within inches of standing water on a wash floor....
This is asking for trouble .
View attachment 4254

It isn't just cleaning but care and custody of your customers belongings.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Controlling water flow specifically where that water goes is important. Some level of containment and control
is nice but not required. I see mattresses several feet away from water and no barrier other than the plastic they are in
and that makes me a little nervous.

I found this a bit disturbing bailed up rug likely with water over-spray and within inches of standing water on a wash floor....
This is asking for trouble .
View attachment 4254

It isn't just cleaning but care and custody of your customers belongings.

Randy, the mattresses are totaled items from a black water job. We haven't have time to dispose of them.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
That is rinsing rugs, not washing. Hitting with a 175 is just part of it and can't be done in all cases. How do you expect to decontaminate urine? It really tears me to see a half assed carpet cleaner do a half assed job, this is a disservice to real rug cleaners.

You are seeing the rinsing part, we vacuumed and dusted this rug for about 2 hrs and washed it first. After it dried it was cleaned a second time to make sure that it was properly rinsed, and then we worked on the fringe by hand. We spend about 7 hours total cleaning it. This rug came out of Asbestos and mold job, it was not totaled for sentimental reasons. On urine rugs we soaked them overnight in Chem max triple deo and I also use Centrum's U-turn and rinse till the water comes clean. Then we clean them. I charge more than enough to a great job, this is not a half ass job.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Randy, the mattresses are totaled items from a black water job. We haven't have time to dispose of them.

Luis,

My point is a wash "pit" or wash floor helps control the flow of water as well as where it goes. Having it segregated
by distance, pitch , drain or wall is a really good idea.

You don't have to build something expensive or elaborate ,...A fire hose with sand in it capped off makes a reasonably effective barrier
or putting items on plastic pallets

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom