Do you Recycle?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Anyone else here recycle everything from home trash to jugs from chems? I even recycle all my used motor oil. Anyone else recycle? If so what do you do?

Jim pemberton?
Mikey?
Odin?
Wink?
Meat?
etc. so on so on..

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Id for the most part... Every now and then something will just get pitched but gnerally I sort out plastic, metal, glass cardboard, white paper and compost a decent amount of food waste. We use the compost on our big ass garden...

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yeah i compost alot, but still end up with a 13 gal trash bag every 3 months or so of stuff that isnt recycle-able. around here they only accept 1 and 2 # plastics. but all tin, metal, paper stuff..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes- at home and at work, we even have a 6yrd ecycle hopper at the office that picks up all our recycleables. The city I live in is very progressive and piks up virtually everyhting that is recycleable.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yup...And with a family of 7 we can go 2 weeks (when i forget to take it out) on trash....

the amount of plastic, cardboard, metal, etc. The average family goes through is just plain nuts....

I started it years ago when i was going through wax and stripper bottles at a ridiculas rate

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I always recycle and compost. Even when I walk the dog pick up plactic left by others.

Just started this year. Now my kids are telling our friends off for not recycling :shock: shiteatinggrin I'm so proud of them!
dmirf1@msn.com said:
I always recycle and compost. Even when I walk the dog pick up plactic left by others.
When I go fishing I'm amazed at the amount of trash I pull from the lake! Makes me sick!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i wonder if we as cleaners knowing the amount of trash we all make are more environmentally aware than most other trades in the USA.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I reuse or recycle almost everything at home. Won't fill a wastebasket per week of garbage.

Recycle what I can at work, print on the back side of paper, etc.

BTW - Corporate operated Interlink stores will pay you for your empty chemical jugs. Double payment if they are competitors. Bring your empties in.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
At home and at the shop,
Re-use almost everything as something else.

After oil changes Motor oil is mixed in with our Waste Veggie Oil as fuel.

Give my metal oil/fuel filters to a guy that crushes them and removes the paper element and he recycles the metal and burns the element in his shop furnace.

about to switch to a centrifuge filtration setup for our WVO, that will eliminate hundreds of filter elements every year. Also thinking of an on-board oil filter centrifuge for the van that will allow me to change the oil only once a year if I switch to full synthetic.

Bjorn

what business is it of your if we recycle or not

if you do feel good about saving the earth great

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
odin,

i wasnt demanding that people recycle. wow. dont gotta take offense to people trying to save some space in the landfills. and recycling lessens our dependancy on foreign oil to.. ever think of it that way? i dont care if you recycle or not. dont ruin a good thread because you gotta be negitive..

Bjorn

Ok I do when convenient I'm not going out of my way and I don't make a big deal about it

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVhT7P0lDfIk]

John Alzubi

I'm a recycle freak, I recycle everything I can. Even carpets and padding we pull out of wet basements.

Back
Top Bottom