Do you remember your first time?

Bob Foster

Well mine was today.

Started with a toothbrush using Mapei color sealer. Silver http://www.mapei.ca/

Did a bit wipe it off with a wet rag but not to hard then carry on. Did two rows at a time.

Stood back, said to myself, not good enough because it looked like it was sucking it up and was darker in spots.

Did the same way again, stood back and said not good enough, so I got one of those gooffy sqeeze bottles with the wheel out and rolled each line out and then it looked good.

Note to self. Bring two sponges and two buckets. Not wiping terry rags and one bucket. I must have changed my rinse water every two rows in that tiny kitchen. Still in and out in under two hours and I got $225 for that little job you see there.

Live and learn...

BEFORE
Madronatilebefore.jpg

AFTER
madronatileafter2.jpg

TimP

I do and it was my own counter.

Next time, go grout perfect. It turns out better for sure. I've done all my floor tile in my home in grout perfect back in January or December. and the grout still looks perfect. Also for a dog like mine that goes on the tile occasionally, it keeps it seal and cleans easily. My wife uses a pump up sprayer with a solution of 4 oz windex to 1 gal of water to clean the tile. The grout don't discolor and absorbs none of the mess. Ideal for pet problems if you clean it up within a reasonable time period.

That's my take on it all, wonderfull product that we should all be doing more of but the customer doesn't know it's out there and it's a hard sell for the price at least in my area.

Mikey P

Administrator
Rookie.

Don't judge Color Seal until it's completely dried.

Second guessing it will only lead to too much product being applied.

and use Grout Perfect ya hack.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey JUGhEaD...... :roll:

Have got a COLD ....tonite.... :?:

You seem to be hAckiNg,,,,in every POST :p

Bob Foster

I have an excuse. It was my first job. But I didn't think about the darkening which makes total sense. I remembered the sponge thing from your video.

At least I now have more confidence and a better time idea and look forward to another color change and seal. I will also look for a local Grout Perfect distributor.

TimP

Grout perfect sales the sham wow's. They do work pretty well. It's best to go one direction left to right then wipe the excess off the surface of the tile with a damp sham wow. finish a room then turn around and go the other direction. It does way better like that.

Also acid washing the grout makes a huge difference. It sucks in and bonds to the color seal way better. 1 coat is all you should need for grout perfect unless you are making a huge color change.

BlinkClean

Bob Foster said:
Do you remember your first time?

Not Fair! I started getting all exited about what I might see :mrgreen: . Anyway yes, I do, it was about a year ago. I had that same experience. Had only one sponge. So yes, live and learn. Nice Job! Or to make your job easier,

I have an arsenal of these for color sealing (about 20, one for each color I offer:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... =100121180

and 2 of these for clear sealing.

http://www.groutwand.com/

The reason I use the bottles for the color is since you are closer to the grout you have less chance of getting off track and into the tile, like it happens oh-so-many-times with the grout wand. I only use clear on it because it leaves no residue if I wipe it off tile before it dries.

Or if I'm really lazy, I usually just spray on, and mop/wipe up excess but it only works on even surfaces . I can do 200SQ ft an hour on my own using that technique and results just as good. Usually I cover about 250sq ft with the bottle per hour....

TimP

The groutwand's suck for solvent sealer. Not to mention they aren't long enough. Mikey did a fix for his but it don't look purty.

I just checked on the interlink site and it says they changed it to be solvent resistant....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom