Do you scrub your grout?

Name
Damon
Looks great, Ross. This pic was CRB only? Being the hack that I am, I have to ask:

Is the spinner necessary after this?

Every job.

No such thing as a perfectly level floor, if you don't agitate you will get pooling and uneven coverage. Nothing worse than spinning and seeing that 6 inches of grout line you missed pre-spraying.

CRB usually more than good enough.

I don't know if the FB post is referring to Tilemaster? Tilemaster is a great cleaner, but you have to rinse like crazy. If not, you will get residue. The few callbacks that I have gotten after a tile cleaning have been because of this.

View attachment 5118

Save the blue brush and 175 for nasty restaurant stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
While the Interlink SS Grout brush can be overkill, and down right dangerous to delicate tiles, its A MUST HAVE if you consider yourself a professional hard surface cleaner...

Keep in mind you ARE REMOVING the top layer of grout so do so accordingly and evenly..

eC9qx0K3q9Xu_CFZpuU5_CwyqkSzKqZr7dhKu3CqJes=w538-h955-no.jpg

iZ1dhZca65IEbtm0L1ysOQBh6Ga6KulUOPqKqWjBgCM=w538-h955-no.jpg

Reactions: todg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
While the Interlink SS Grout brush can be overkill, and down right dangerous to delicate tiles, its A MUST HAVE if you consider yourself a professional hard surface cleaner...

Keep in mind you ARE REMOVING the top layer of grout so do so accordingly and evenly..

View attachment 5205

View attachment 5206

Mike do you use that brush to scour through wax or sealant, or just to break up impacted soil?

all of the above, but for normal soil it's usually overkill.

Agreed to all the above.

This little tool is one of those "Thank Goodness I have you today" type brushes!

Some terrible grease laden impacted garbage loaded Grout lines....just the tool I had been looking and hoping for....

I just got in 4 more of these brushes last week, just to make sure I have one stashed somewhere.

The part time cleaning, chem sales guru from another board is right now claiming just dwell time and using a hard surface wand is all they ever need to clean their tile and grout....

Not the results a friend of mine saw using his chems and technique....or even using a spinner with his chems and technique....

Brent Norman

Name
Brent Norman
30 year old plus tile grout never cleaned professionally. Used "snake oil". Prespray dwell and set up. Tried using tile spinner alone. Oh I mixed it on the strong side too. Wasn't happy at the results. So redid it. This time scrubbed with crb and shark tool. It did clean up really good. But it needed scrubbing. Most of my tile jobs do. I used to use the 360i tile head which is a brush and does a good job because you're scrubbing as you're cleaning. But the crb/tile spinner is still faster and does a great job. I did just order a new cleaning chem to replace my snake oil. I think it'll be better we shall see. But I'm planning on still pre scrubbing my tile and grout.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 507
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 326
Name
Ross Martin
Looks great, Ross. This pic was CRB only? Being the hack that I am, I have to ask:

Is the spinner necessary after this?
Hey Damon, thanks for your comment.

To answer the point of your question, no. But it is the easier most efficient way to extract.

You could used a glided wand, brush wand or I guess a mop and bucket. But a spinner is the way to go.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

Mikey P

Administrator

Guru must enjoy leaving streaks...

While a hard surface wand is a must and will work well on regularly maintained and sealed acounts, to claim it does as well as a spinner is ignorence, arrogance and greed speaking.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
1,5oo pounds shared between 2 jets really pushing the envelope. I cleaned a sh.. load of food chains with 1,300 pounds and 250 degrees. Telling you for fact if u slow down or stay in one spot just 1 second to long you can get perminant swirls even on glaze fired tiles.

Is 1000+ to high for residential? I sure as hell don't need it. Not even close. Do my detergents always pop the grout soil, hell no. Kitchens need a wee bit of help and pantries. Doesn't take much brushing action either. Unger (sp?) window washing equipment has a green swivel grout brush for under $10. Use to be at Home Depot for $8, now on Amazon. These $20+ brushes at our suppliers are beyond my comprehension.

Name
Marcus
30 year old plus tile grout never cleaned professionally. Used "snake oil". Prespray dwell and set up. Tried using tile spinner alone. Oh I mixed it on the strong side too. Wasn't happy at the results. So redid it. This time scrubbed with crb and shark tool. It did clean up really good. But it needed scrubbing. Most of my tile jobs do. I used to use the 360i tile head which is a brush and does a good job because you're scrubbing as you're cleaning. But the crb/tile spinner is still faster and does a great job. I did just order a new cleaning chem to replace my snake oil. I think it'll be better we shall see. But I'm planning on still pre scrubbing my tile and grout.
Is that a crb scrrub brush....??
Looking for something small like that and economical for til...used an old host scrubber for a while,but it's broke...
Thanks
Cap

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Can anyone shine any light into using the brush pro with the stiff bristles for scrubbing tile and grout? How does it compare to running a smaller 15" floor machine with tile brush head?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I do not do a lot of Tile cleaning but I almost always agitate the grout lines. I do a few commercial places and the first time they needed to be scraped and scrubbed just to get the 6 years of grease off the grout.
20150823_110507.jpg

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I have grout cleaned over 8000 jobs myself..."it's all I do"...Scrubbing is needed...However, the higher your heat (200 avg.) the better...Heat can remove grease and grime (including black grout) by itself...Every now and then, wire brushes are needed, and btw, I tell people if I have to use wire brushes I am now doing "restoration" and not cleaning...Every job is different...I broke it down on another forum of what I see...I will see if I can find it and post it here...

Reactions: Mark Saiger

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
When people call, these are the typical calls from what I see ( I really try to size it up on the phone first):

IMG_0013.jpg

(3) types of tile and grout cleaning I see out of say

Residential Jobs Completed (Check out the percentages)

15% of the time - REAL

Filthy tile and grout cleaning where grime and crud is stuck in the grout lines that need something abrasive to dig (brushes or floor buffer)...
Something that works (Tile master (I guess) or whatever $$$ you got in your pockets!)

75% of the time - Maintenance

tile and grout cleaning dirty but not filthy impossible grout or tile...(I see a lot of these...) Really more anal people whom like aesthetics and healthy floors!
Chemical's not really needed to be so efficient...

10% of the time - Tile and Grout Restoration

of sealers, and foreign sh*t you've never seen before on a floor that requires floor strippers (or like) jack hammers can barely remove!
($$$$$ and the good lord is all you'll have on these jobs, when completed!) (Floor Strippers come to mind!) Charge MEGA DINERO for these...By the time I get home from 1 of these, I am ready to choke someone! ***
TIP: Great way to learn if your ready for "Tile and Grout Cleaning"!
:)

Good Luck my friends!

Mike Draper

I run the 175 with a red brush attachment from Olsen. I dont like to run over 800 psi. I pre-scrub 75% of my tile jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom