Do you send out an email to prepare your customers?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm gonna have The Girls start on Monday.

should be a nice time saver.

Thanks to Tom Meyer for the idea partial wording..

We look forward to serving you! We would like your carpet cleaning appointment to be as convenient as possible. We need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
The following guidelines should be observed in preparing for the best carpet cleaning ever:
1. Please arrange for a parking spot as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible
2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)
3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor (waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). Light chairs (i.e. dining room chairs) should be removed as well. Pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag.
4. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.
5. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. When the furniture is returned, we will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment.
6. Tell us your every concern. Point out spots and spills and tell us what they are. We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.
7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can place them outside or in your garage. The pieces set on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be “A” framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.
8. Finally, we will treat your carpet and furnishings with the utmost care and respect. Thank you for choosing Connoisseur!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 9063
Mike Pailliotet
www.santacruzclean.com

and
PRE-CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
So that we may render the best possible service to you in the most efficient manner…
• Please have all items and furnishings out of the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.
• Please have all children and pets in a separate room to ensure their safety around our equipment and cleaning solutions.
• Please have a water faucet on and available for our use to hook up to our truck.
• Please leave an open parking area near your door and have your car moved if you think you will need it while we are working.
CONDITIONS
Connoisseur Cleaning agrees to perform the work specified in a professional manner using extreme care to obtain satisfactory results. The professional cleaner is limited in attaining the best results due to the condition and nature of the article being cleaned.
Listed below are conditions most commonly encountered for which we disclaim and for which the customer agrees not to hold us responsible.
1. Cracked, loose or broken grout and tile. Due to the nature of tile and grout and the current level of soil on the floors, even a thorough pre-inspection may not reveal the existing condition of the grout and tile. Improperly set tile and grout, damaged by water among other situations may cause some tile and grout to loosen or pop out during cleaning. Customer will be immediately notified when such instances occur, and will not hold Connoisseur Cleaning responsible for any such repairs.
2. Staining, discoloration, color loss. Our cleaning process can restore most tile and grout near its original condition. Due to the nature of some spots, or prior cleanings and maintenance, it may be impossible to restore an original color, or completely remove all spots and stains. There is no way of determining when such results will occur.
3. Wax, lacquers, sealers, stains, paints. These coatings are not the responsibility of Connoisseur Cleaning. In some cases, we cannot tell if there is a pre-existing coating on the floor until we begin our cleaning process. We will immediately notify the customer if this is the case, but we cannot guarantee the complete removal of any such topical coatings and will not be responsible for reapplying such coatings.
4. Efflorescence. This is a natural salt residue that may appear after cleaning which was not visible before. Connoisseur Cleaning will attempt to remove such residue, but cannot guarantee complete removal.
5. Edge cleaning. We are unable on certain jobs to completely clean up to the edge of furniture, cabinets, and walls and such, without doing further harm or damage to these items. If soiling is present under large items, we suggest having them moved from the room prior to cleaning day. MDF (particle) base boards can get damaged from the water used in the cleaning. MDF is extremely
absorbent and will swell if exposed to water. Applying a bead of clear silicone a few days before cleaning can help avoid absorption and swelling. Connoisseur Cleaning will not be held responsible for any damages to MDF but will do our best to avoid any issues.
6. Bathrooms. Due to constant humidity, water, soaps, urine, and harsh cleaning agents often seen, bathrooms pose an extremely difficult area to clean. Although we have some of the most advance equipment and cleaning agents on the market, we are limited in the results we can achieve here. Therefore we do not guarantee nor are we responsible for urine staining, complete soap scum and hard water deposit removal or loose/missing tile and grout.
CARING FOR YOUR FLOOR
STEP 1: Sweep or vacuum loose dust and debris from floor before mopping.
STEP 2: Use a Neutral cleaner for daily mopping. (avoid strong alkaline, butyl or acid based cleaners such as bleach, ammonia, and vinegar)
STEP 3: After applying cleaner, rinse floor thoroughly with clean water.
STEP 4: Rinse mops and change rinse water frequently.
STEP 5: Have Connoisseur Cleaning service your tile on a scheduled basis to remove soil and contaminants.
* Soil accumulation will occur even after grout and stone/tile has been sealed.
*Consider purchasing a Hoover Floormate (# Spin scrub 800) for your hard floor maintenance needs. http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?mode ... 0B&ds=true
Thank you!
Mike Pailliotet
www.santacruzclean.com
Feel free to call me direct with any questions or concerns @ 831 588 9063

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, they'll read all that. :roll:

Something a little less wordy would be a good idea.

"Move your crap lady, we'll be there tomorrow."

Whattyathink?

topnotchman

Sounds like a good way to get communication across before you even show up. Specially this part

"1. Please arrange for a parking spot as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible"

I hate pulling up and seeing that they have 6 cars loaded up right where you need to park LOL

SDSinc

I thought we where in the service biz, not what our customers can do to make our fat asses have an easier time providing that service. Not only would my customers not read that but if they did they would not use us. I feel that they shouldn't have to lift a finger, just open the door and let me do my thing.

That shit would piss me off as a customer. Just saying.

Ernie G

Hey Rick, I see you've been in the busn. a year, with a little time you'll see that because of liability reasons ETC. its a good Idea, but I do think those instuctions could be less wordy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think you could make it less wordy and/or use use bullet points.

So they can get the drift in a few monents.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
1. You better be awake.
2. Move your cars.
3. Pick up your crap.
4. Have your check book ready.

I send one for sure that covers the basics

Move your cars before we arrive

Pick up toys and small items

Do not move furniture in high traffic areas etc

Put your pets in a safe secure place

Just the common sense things.

charles

We send a appointment reminder postcard 2 to 3 days before the job.
It has tips on what to do before we arrive, customers seem to like it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would be annoyed to receive all those instructions in an email. What if I don't comply with evertything? What if I don't have time? What if I'm physicially unable to do all that stuff? I just ask them to vacuum beforehand and remove some of the breakable things, and they often don't even do that. But it is a good idea to send a reminder notice. I would just try to word the instructions in a more pleasant manner. They hired you, they aren't working for you.

Mikey P said:
I'm gonna have The Girls start on Monday.

should be a nice time saver.

Thanks to Tom Meyer for the idea partial wording..

We look forward to serving you! We would like your carpet cleaning appointment to be as convenient as possible. We need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
The following guidelines should be observed in preparing for the best carpet cleaning ever:
1. Please arrange for a parking spot as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible
2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)
3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor (waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). Light chairs (i.e. dining room chairs) should be removed as well. Pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag.
4. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.
5. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. When the furniture is returned, we will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment.
6. Tell us your every concern. Point out spots and spills and tell us what they are. We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.
7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can place them outside or in your garage. The pieces set on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be “A” framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.
8. Finally, we will treat your carpet and furnishings with the utmost care and respect. Thank you for choosing Connoisseur!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 9063
Mike Pailliotet
http://www.santacruzclean.com

and
[quote:1fozjrm5]
PRE-CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
So that we may render the best possible service to you in the most efficient manner…
• Please have all items and furnishings out of the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.
• Please have all children and pets in a separate room to ensure their safety around our equipment and cleaning solutions.
• Please have a water faucet on and available for our use to hook up to our truck.
• Please leave an open parking area near your door and have your car moved if you think you will need it while we are working.
CONDITIONS
Connoisseur Cleaning agrees to perform the work specified in a professional manner using extreme care to obtain satisfactory results. The professional cleaner is limited in attaining the best results due to the condition and nature of the article being cleaned.
Listed below are conditions most commonly encountered for which we disclaim and for which the customer agrees not to hold us responsible.
1. Cracked, loose or broken grout and tile. Due to the nature of tile and grout and the current level of soil on the floors, even a thorough pre-inspection may not reveal the existing condition of the grout and tile. Improperly set tile and grout, damaged by water among other situations may cause some tile and grout to loosen or pop out during cleaning. Customer will be immediately notified when such instances occur, and will not hold Connoisseur Cleaning responsible for any such repairs.
2. Staining, discoloration, color loss. Our cleaning process can restore most tile and grout near its original condition. Due to the nature of some spots, or prior cleanings and maintenance, it may be impossible to restore an original color, or completely remove all spots and stains. There is no way of determining when such results will occur.
3. Wax, lacquers, sealers, stains, paints. These coatings are not the responsibility of Connoisseur Cleaning. In some cases, we cannot tell if there is a pre-existing coating on the floor until we begin our cleaning process. We will immediately notify the customer if this is the case, but we cannot guarantee the complete removal of any such topical coatings and will not be responsible for reapplying such coatings.
4. Efflorescence. This is a natural salt residue that may appear after cleaning which was not visible before. Connoisseur Cleaning will attempt to remove such residue, but cannot guarantee complete removal.
5. Edge cleaning. We are unable on certain jobs to completely clean up to the edge of furniture, cabinets, and walls and such, without doing further harm or damage to these items. If soiling is present under large items, we suggest having them moved from the room prior to cleaning day. MDF (particle) base boards can get damaged from the water used in the cleaning. MDF is extremely
absorbent and will swell if exposed to water. Applying a bead of clear silicone a few days before cleaning can help avoid absorption and swelling. Connoisseur Cleaning will not be held responsible for any damages to MDF but will do our best to avoid any issues.
6. Bathrooms. Due to constant humidity, water, soaps, urine, and harsh cleaning agents often seen, bathrooms pose an extremely difficult area to clean. Although we have some of the most advance equipment and cleaning agents on the market, we are limited in the results we can achieve here. Therefore we do not guarantee nor are we responsible for urine staining, complete soap scum and hard water deposit removal or loose/missing tile and grout.
CARING FOR YOUR FLOOR
STEP 1: Sweep or vacuum loose dust and debris from floor before mopping.
STEP 2: Use a Neutral cleaner for daily mopping. (avoid strong alkaline, butyl or acid based cleaners such as bleach, ammonia, and vinegar)
STEP 3: After applying cleaner, rinse floor thoroughly with clean water.
STEP 4: Rinse mops and change rinse water frequently.
STEP 5: Have Connoisseur Cleaning service your tile on a scheduled basis to remove soil and contaminants.
* Soil accumulation will occur even after grout and stone/tile has been sealed.
*Consider purchasing a Hoover Floormate (# Spin scrub 800) for your hard floor maintenance needs. http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?mode ... 0B&ds=true
Thank you!
Mike Pailliotet
http://www.santacruzclean.com
Feel free to call me direct with any questions or concerns @ 831 588 9063
[/quote:1fozjrm5]

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
My version is a little less wordy. Don't knock it until you try it. This is what I have found in the short time I have been doing this: First, it shaves a considerable amount of time off your job because the crap on the floor is picked up, bed skirts are tucked and the breakables have been removed. Second, the customer DOES NOT know how to prepare the house for you. They want guidance. Third, it gets them involved in the process and seem to appreciate it more. Again, you have to try it before making lame statements. You will be surprised, and hell it doesn't cost anything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have found this one to be quite helpful:

Listen here, tomorrow we are coming to your home to run the suck mop over your rug.

If'n it ain't too much trouble, we would be much obliged if you picked yor chit up offa the rug.

Tanks!

leesenter

We send an email first. The bullet points are much shorter. We also include a flyer on carpet protector and anti allergen treatments.
By sending flyers on the products it takes away the customers distaste of being sold something as if we were iternent salespeople. The customer has an idea the pitch is coming and can make an informed decision on the upsell. You don't hear the line "why didn't the lady on the phone mention this?"
We changed to this current system two years ago when I listened to Steve Toburen's CDs. In these CDs he eloquently explained how upselling in someone's home made them feel trapped in their homes and was likely not making the customers into "cheerleaders".

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I was starting a Facebook fan page a few months ago, I was talking to my customers about becoming a fan - most didn't know anything about FB.

I used to ask for email addresses and a lot of my customers said that they don't check their e-mail daily or even weekly, so the best way to contact them is by the phone.

I would have already cleaned their carpet by the time they see the email.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A good phone script for the Full Circle girls would be good.

Just a few things they can mention in the confirmation call.

Just in case the email doesn't get checked like said above.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
This is good if anything to get the customer's email. The wife always seems hesitant about asking for it and this is a good reason to.

About the disclaimers, how legal is it if they just read and don't sign anything?.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom