Do you seriously?????

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
do a fookin burn test on every carpet you come to????

Johns response got me thinking....

And i personally dont go around checkin it....

with that said most places i clean for are gonna be your run of the mill avg carpet poly with some nylons..

so do you?

TimP

I can pretty well look at the carpet and tell you what it is based on pile and wear patterns. It's pretty easy to tell. I bet you I can look and tell you 90% of the time.

That said why does it matter. I use the same crap on all the carpet, if it's filthy I bring out a high ph cleaner and that's all there is to it.

I have had several wool bereber rugs recently that you could not tell just by looking at them that they were wool.

Of course the customer informed me it was wool during the pre inspection.

I have never did a burn test on a customer's carpets.

I can see it being useful though. Take for instance a wool rug with pet stains that you want to apply OSR or similar. That would be a mistake as the product would distort the fiber. So you have to use other means to get the stains out.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
danielc said:

I believe that is "I HAS never did a burn test on a customer's carpet" lol

Actually, I never do burn tests.

Ryan

Doug Cox said:
danielc said:

I believe that is "I HAS never did a burn test on a customer's carpet" lol

Actually, I never do burn tests.

I think it actually should be "I have never done a burn test on a customer's carpet"

But tomato tomato.... damn that doesn't work when your typing it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I burned a carpet with an iron once, removing a red stain. It formed a very hard triangle. I was able to ascertain that it was a synthetic berber, most likely a nylon.

gary mackay

I just do a float test, polyester with 100 tiny grease spots mean on my knees at least 25 times with the fels-naptha and I want more money for that! I have yet to find the magic prespray that removes those small grease spots on poly even if I pre-scrub. Most polyester carpets have tell tale signs that it's so.

Ryan

gary mackay said:
I just do a float test, polyester with 100 tiny grease spots mean on my knees at least 25 times with the fels-naptha and I want more money for that! I have yet to find the magic prespray that removes those small grease spots on poly even if I pre-scrub. Most polyester carpets have tell tale signs that it's so.

If fels naptha works on these spots why not just prespray with it? Or fill a secondary sprayer up with it so you don't need to get on your hands and knees so often..

TimP

The best test for wool is to start pre-spraying.....if it smells like a wet dog and there was no dog odor before....... and you put over ph 10 juice on it you're screwed......maybe kinda. Ivebeensold

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
To burn test carpet would likely just be to impress the client.

Kind of like doing a protector demo.

Well the carpet in question I had to clean had doo stains in it. OSR mixed HOT would have distorted it for sure.

I had no clue it was wool and was actually going to mix some up when the lady said it was wool. :shock:

I have learned from past mistakes.

PH is not the culprit here, but it can be. I used Powerburst to get the stains out following up with a mist of neutral ph urine rescue.

The OSR would have crushed or distorted the fiber for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom