Do you solicit online reviews?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sounds like some of you have a bunch of reviews.

How do you get them?

Are you guys just bad asses and I really suck. Do people tell us we do great work because they feel sorry for us :lol:

I have 3 filtered reviews on yelp and a few somewhere else. Witht the new google search it appears that it will be more revalent then ever to get reviews.

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You won't get many reviews unless you ask for them

I just sent an email blast out yesterday to all my customers asking for reviews because Google took most of mine down and I got 15 reviews from it so far....and a few jobs scheduled.

Email people, talk to them while on the job, call them write them a letter via snail mail...what ever it takes.

Reviews help with SEO and conversions as well.

It should be part of everyones business plan.

Good luck.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Cool Brian, thanks.

So I guess for us an email would most likely work best. I guess we've always felt a bit ackward in asking for them. It feels like asking for a favor from someone that is already doing you one (paying for your services). Eitherway the following may work for us. My wife makes callbacks to see if everything went ok after the job. She could tell them then to expect an email and if they would'nt mind an online review would be most helpful to us.

On your emails, do you put links to where you want them to write your reviews?.

I'm looking for the least intrusive way to ask for them.

thanks,

Albert

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you don't have any reviews you need to post your own to get things started. Just make it a simple "who we are" not a fake praise review. Once a review is posted it becomes much simpler for people to add another.

Since you already have reviews the next step is to ask for more - in the right manner. When you finish a job ask the customer how they think it turned out. If they are excited and happy, that's the time to ask if they would mind posting a review for your company. You can tell them your business thrives on referrals, and these days the internet is where people look. You might even go so far as to post links to a few review sites on your website to make it easier for customers to leave praise.

Name
I'm Rick James
In a couple of weeks I am printing up more invoices and I added a part that says: "Feel free to review our services online at these locations." (insert online sites)

I dont have many but mine are legit and know a few local companies that write their own or have their friends write fake ones.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I disagree with the above posters!!!!!!!!!!

This is the advise I give to all my competition:

I think it is far too bold to, ask for reviews, make it easy for clients to give reviews with a handout or e-mail, or to reward clients for positive reviews with a discount or free spotter.

I prefer to leave it up to serendipity, wishful thinking and good luck.

Like I do with all my marketing and the things that matter in my life.

Just cross your fingers, think good thoughts and hope.

And wait for the magic to happen!

Name
I'm Rick James
Dave Yoakum said:

I think it is far too bold to, ask for reviews, make it easy for clients to give reviews with a handout or e-mail, or to reward clients for positive reviews with a discount or free spotter.

And how's that going for you Dave? I do agree bribing customers is very shallow and not a big fan of sending out an email asking to be reviewed. Just create an awareness about the online peer review sites and then wait for the magic to happen. When I am about to purchase a new tool or whatever I always read the peer review to really get a idea what said item is all about. If you dont have any for your company, start putting yourself in position to getting them.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I beg and grovel for reviews.

obamabow.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave Yoakum said:

I was making a joke to make a point.

Too many depend on wishfull thinking or just plane luck instead of taking consistent action.

Take action, make it happen!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For the record....I got it Dave. :lol:

Just ask...people understand and most people want to help...especially the female home owner.

"Would you mind giving us a great review on Google? It really helps us out."

Easy enough.

Here is the problem.

You need to make it very very easy for them to do.

If you email, post a link.
If you snail mail...probably won't work anyway.

Email is the best because it's click it and stick it. Easy stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom