Do you use a water softener?

doug450

I got a bunch of equipment from a guy including a water softener and he said to be sure I use it,are they a hassle?

KBRENNY

Depending on the water hardness in your area it could be a great benefit. I have been running one now for about 2 years and think it's benefits greatly outweigh it's downfalls. There is some maintenance to do (the only downfall I know of) but other than that you just clean like you normally would and don't even have to worry about it. I have actually cut down on my prespray a small amount since I started using one and it still cleans better than before.

charles

I have never not used soft water, I have never had to descale my machine either.

Joe Couch

If you are in a hard water area you should definitely use it. A friend of mine doesn't use one and he is always having to descale his machine and clean out his jets on his wand. Soft water also helps to make your cleaning agents work better.

The benefits far outweigh any negatives.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Not really a hassle at all IMO. Measure the hardness coming out of the machine every once in a while to figure out how many hours of cleaning you can do per charge.

I just charge every 50 and I'm ahead.

Scaling has never been a problem.

doug450

How do you measure the hardness,is there a meter for that?
Thanks for your help guys,the water is very hard here,I am surprised it does not hurt while taking a shower and break windows if I spray one with the hose,LOL

Thanks,Doug

Name
Kevin McCreary
why measure? The hack way to do it is when the quick connect show a little white deposit starting on them time to recharge. Then figure approximately how often you have to recharge and just recharge before you need it with your regular maintenance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom