Does anybody here tweak their green glide?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I use a slotted glide.Lately I've widened the slots and also made the groove deeper. I use PC Ti.
No scientific tests but it seems to do a better cleaning job and slightly better water recovery. It glides about as easy.

Anybody else tweaks their glide?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Chavez, you're such a:

image.php

And you too 'Mississippi' phenom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have never touched mine, but I noticed the face is getting a little scratched and beat up.

I read somewhere about gently filling it to smooth out the face evenly.

It's on my punch list.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I've never had the resources to test this, but here's my thinking:

• Wand opening too wide = lockdown
  • Wand opening too narrow = low CFM, poor recovery

The best operating point is somewhere in between. What's the optimum setting? It depends on many things. How wide is the wand? Blower CFM? Hose length/setup, etc.

So, I could see where the best setting could vary from person to person. The glides out there have to be a middle-of-the-road opening, but that's like saying the average family has 1.4 kids - not really right for most.

I could certainly imagine there might be gains to be made by tweaking the glides, but depending on the individual setup, better could just as well be smaller as bigger.

I would think, for instance, that portys could use a much larger effective opening than a TM.

I know, too much time on my hands....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I've never had the resources to test this, but here's my thinking:

• Wand opening too wide = lockdown
  • Wand opening too narrow = low CFM, poor recovery

The best operating point is somewhere in between. What's the optimum setting? It depends on many things. How wide is the wand? Blower CFM? Hose length/setup, etc.

So, I could see where the best setting could vary from person to person. The glides out there have to be a middle-of-the-road opening, but that's like saying the average family has 1.4 kids - not really right for most.

I could certainly imagine there might be gains to be made by tweaking the glides, but depending on the individual setup, better could just as well be smaller as bigger.

I would think, for instance, that portys could use a much larger effective opening than a TM.

I know, too much time on my hands....

Heck of a Topic, Make it a Thread while ya remember it : )

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That is why we offer all three configurations, so you can choose which is best for your machine, types of jobs and level of hackishness.... Generally the slots are as wide as they can be and not be wider than the original slot on the wand. The only folks who may get better performance by opening up the slots are those with VERY big blowers; #6 and larger. otherwise you will get more "bite" (it will be harder to push) but that won't be an indicator of more water recovery. The only thing you might get is more debris removal. if you open the slot wider than the slot of the wand, you will draw in larger debris that can't go through and the glide will clog much more.

Note for those modifying glides: You can make a hybrid out of a hole by joining holes together, but don't do it too much or your glide will lose it's integrity. You can't make a slot out of a hole or hybrid without messing it all up. If you have a hole or hybrid and want a slot instead, contact us and we will exchange it for you.

Take care,
Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry Lisa, but mine works better after the tweak. I like it.

As per Lisa's service. She's top notch.

Though secretly, I suspect, she harbors great admiration towards Bristor and his unique, client centric approach to business. :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Sorry Lisa, but mine works better after the tweak. I like it.

As per Lisa's service. She's top notch.

Though secretly, I suspect, she harbors great admiration towards Bristor and his unique, client centric approach to business. :winky:

Send me a pic of just what you are doing to it. Also the size of your powerplant....and I know you men like to exaggerate on the size of your powerplant....

Take care,
Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Send me a pic of just what you are doing to it. Also the size of your powerplant....and I know you men like to exaggerate on the size of your powerplant....Take care,
Lisa

Since I am not sure how to handle (or if I'm capable) that remark, I'll just pretend you didn't make it :icon_redface:

I freaking don't know how to and even if I did, how to download the picture (the word dinosaur may come to mind).
But it is pretty simple: I just widened the slots a little (nothing dramatic) and deepened the groove (as it tends to flatten and it does loose its roundness eventually.)

The difference is not super dramatic and was not measured scientifically. But it seems to be somewhat improved. Or at least it made me feel better about myself.

My dependable, yet moderate :icon_redface:, power plant is a CDS.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I gotta do everyrhing?

sumy4egy.jpg

This thing was all hole and it irritated me so much I kept kicking it off an throwin it back it the truck. So i sent it off to be hacked on. Much Much Better.

I could use a 12" scratch one now : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And that's when its sent from the "middle of the trailure park"

Imagine how it would look from the double wide :winky:

Good picture.
Funny endings though Chris.
I like your latest endings.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
And that's when its sent from the "middle of the trailure park"

Imagine how it would look from the double wide :winky:

Good picture.
Funny endings though Chris.
I like your latest endings.

FYI: Goop aint rated for very high temps, so I used Red RTV it is : ) works perfect!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom