Does anyone have a good residential contract?

Rick4Life

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know where to get a good service agreement that limits your liabilities and protects yourself when performing a job? I am almost done with starting my business, I have all the supplies and marketing materials, business plan, systems, etc.

I would appreciate seeing a "terms and conditions" or that you guys use when you first enter into an agreement with a customer. Does anyone have one I could take a look at or know where to find a good sample?

Thanks in advance!

I didn't get a response to this earlier so I'm crossing my fingers this time!

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I would look at this from your customers point of view. Would you sign something that removed the liability from the contractor working in your home?

Maybe I am wrong but this is what insurance is for.

To me a Residental contract would be "I do the work and you pay me."

Tony

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Nope don't have them sign anything. It sounds like you might be looking for something to help you pre-qualify the carpet i.e. estimate, proposal, or a bid sheet.

Those are real common and almost any billing program has it built in. Your local print shops would probably be able to get you ones that are carbonless.

As you go along you will improve your ability to explain why you can get out one spot but not another.

Tony

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom