Does anyone have a hoser vac hose cleaner?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I thought about buying one years ago
but heard that hose cuffs going thru them is the fly in the ointment

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hose does not slip threw as easy as it looks and the cuffs (any type ) get stuck.....

Much easier to just throw them in the drive way and fire up the truck and pressure wash them off........

Chris A

Name
Chris
usually just wiping them down with a damp rag as your rolling them up works fine. For the rare muddy job, do as Jim said.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoser eh.

mbpic11.jpg

Greenie

The original HoZooka was a different animal, it worked really well, left them dry too, I still have one unit, Just wasn't designed for 2.5, one of those things I never got around to making, plus would a cleaner pay $200 for a hose washer? I was thinking restoration guys would need one pretty badly with a cat 3 extraction.

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
The original HoZooka was a different animal, it worked really well, left them dry too, I still have one unit, Just wasn't designed for 2.5, one of those things I never got around to making, plus would a cleaner pay $200 for a hose washer? I was thinking restoration guys would need one pretty badly with a cat 3 extraction.

If you build it, they will come!

fieldofdreams.jpg

Farenheit251

I have qd's on my hydroforce gun. I just hook it to the hot pressure after a vacant and it peels the dirt off the side facing up.
Seems like it would be easyenough to make one out of assorted pieces of brass or galvanized into a square, screw in some old jets (4)and add a qd. Not sure how hard it would be to find all the parts.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This is interesting. I have several restoration companies that freak out when theirs needs a repair. They have no problem with them and swear by them for cleaning their vac hose after a sewer job. Last one that a tech broke they couldn't wait for it to be fixed so they bought the two on my wall to make sure they don't get stuck without one again.

I am seriously thinking about getting one. Nothing worse than cleaning a greasy restaurant and then having to be at a job the next morning with all white carpet. Get my drift. It would be worth the time to pull the hose cuff off and run the hose through the hoser.

Fred Homan

Take the rubber ends off and peel out some of the white fuzz and they will go through.....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought one when they came out and promptly modified it.
I was thinking of building one and passed the design to someone at Hydramaster and they weren't interested. Oddly enough the Hoser came out shortly after, almost identical to what I had drawn. It wasn't made to my specs so moved the jets so they were flush with the 4" pipe instead of sticking in. This way I get a wider spray rather than point blank on the hose. The hose fittings it came with are good to 500psi.
To modify mine for 2.5 all I need to do is open the holes in the rubber ends. It doesn't leave them dry but it sure does a nice job of cleaning the crap off the hose.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yeah, I know. I was going to rig it with high pressure line so it could blast the hose at 1000 psi. Just need to use longer pieces of hose cause short lengths would be too awkward.
Was just thinking it could be rigged with a cool cuff instead of a regular hose barb, even a 2.5" coolcuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom