Does Anyone Have Monthly Safety Meetings With Employees?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We have been having monthly "toolbox" safety meetings with employees since we started, although its more like 10-15 minutes a month. Not really a meeting i guess...

Each month i take a different subject and spend time going over the topic and explaining why it is important and how it hurts THEM. Try and think about how would an employee be interested in this subject and talk about it from their perspective.

[FONT=&quot]SAFETY RULES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Objective[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To provide guidelines for the establishment of a safe work environment. The Safety Rules listed in this program apply to everyone employed by the company. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On Location[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Wet floor signs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Caution tape[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Care with moving furniture[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Furniture blocks and tabs when returning furniture [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Door guards and plastic tabs to cover hoses from contacting furniture[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● Walk off mats used as staging area to place unused equipment or chemicals[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]● MSDS Sheets[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Employee Rules[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Proper footwear and clothing shall be worn at all times.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]All employees will wear, as required; the personal protective equipment assigned to them and maintains it in a sanitary condition.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Do not operate any machine with which you are unfamiliar without first obtaining the proper instruction.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Equipment must never be repaired until after the machine is turned off and unplugged. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Never leave equipment running when it is not in use.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Never operate electrical equipment around wet areas.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Never jerk cords out of outlets.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Do not leave objects or spills on the floor which might cause others to trip and fall.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Do not block fire exits or traffic lanes.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Always observe proper lifting procedures. Get help when lifting heavy objects.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Never dump dirty mop water or other liquids outdoors. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Always stay in assigned areas. Failure to do so is a violation of safety and security.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Wash hands as often as possible.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Never mix chemicals or remove labels from chemical bottles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Whenever in doubt about the safety of any given situation, contact a supervisor before continuing. As previously stated, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take time to do it safely.[/FONT]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes....and no.

We always try for monthly but some how our safety officer neglects his duty and we don't stay on him like we should.

We might hit two or three in a row and then we get busy and a month or two may pass before we get to another.

Make sure you also document who was there and what the subject was and date.

[FONT=&amp]Safety Meeting Attendance Sheet[/FONT]

Signing below indicates that I attended a safety meeting presented by Chavez Restoration on the above date on the subject indicated. I understand that this is part of an ongoing training effort and I was given the opportunity to ask
questions to ensure my full understanding of what was addressed.

746f72c6-8c12-4488-90d7-e54ecb92b21b_zps8410a808.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yeah the "safety manager" is always the slacker of the bunch.... :p

You do have a nice logo on yours though.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We have multiple "safety meetings" each month, mostly when I see someone doing something stupid or just being lazy.

Back
Top Bottom