Does anyone make/or run a 2 wire 1/4 inch solotion hose?

West

Name
Clint
Does anyone make/or run a 2 wire 1/4 inch solotion hose? I know everyone has there favorite solution hose out there, but when I 1st started my business over 11 years ago, I got my hose threw enviropec (a presure washing supplier) and they no longer sell 1/4 hose (stopped a while ago), only sell 3/8. Any way I still have some of that hose. I have bought literally thousands of feet since then for my vans, and still have yet to find a better hose. There are no markings on it for me to tell what brand and I think it was a 2 wire hose, which is why I think it was/is so good. help,anyone?

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Check out jgbhose out of saracuse ny. They have a 1 wire and a 2 wire hose. I have had the 1 wire, eagle wash 1, for about 4 months and love this stuff. 150 ft with ends is like 135 plus shipping for the 1 wire. Best hose I have found in 15 years. Very flexible and lays down nice, not all coiled like paraflex and can handle heat.

West

Name
Clint
Thanks for replying, I currently use the JBG Eaglewash hose. Overall a good hose, but still no comparison to stuff I used to get. Talked to them about a 2 wire and it is not available threw them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I bought 400' of two wire 3/8" hose from Envirospec (picked it up in Homer GA) in 1999 when we bought two big kero boilers. The hose is still good for it's intended purpose, hot pressure washing. Way too heavy and stiff for most carpet cleaning. We used it to clean stadium turf.

If you've since bought "thousands of feet" of it something must be wrong. Does it fail that often? Two wire is NOT needed for carpet cleaning in most situations. It will cause more problems than it solves due to it's limited flexibility.

West

Name
Clint
I have a couple of vans, so yes it adds up to "thousands of feet over the last few years. Doesn't take long when you loose your 150ft lead a couple times. I've recrimped the hoses many times, but they get to the point you just chuck em.

West

Name
Clint
Larry do you crimp new ends on? Sounds like the way to go, after looking at your website, would be to buy the 400ft roll and chop it up (crimp ends on) and ship it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
West;

We crimp many hoses every single day.

Use the Parkrimp hydraulic crimper with Parker fittings.

We can cut & crimp the roll.

Larry

West

Name
Clint
trying to still find out other options, what other hoses out there is every one using and hold up well, thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron Werner said:
I found the blue would come off the Neptune hose sometimes. Would this TX405 do this?
How is it's heat retention?

The blue cover has not stained a carpet that I am aware of.

It is considerably more crock-resistant than Neptune.

Heat transfer will always be high, with wire-braid rubber hose.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
running wire braid hose is like not using a glide, your out of the loop, parker paraflex been running it for 6 years and have never had to replace a hose. before I replaced neptune everyyear, that is $320 bucks a year in new hose, that is nearly 2 grand in savings!!!! and my hose is STILL working. plus no black death, or catastrophic failure, and gives me 7or 8 degrees more to the wand, AND I don't think I am burning grass near as easily. there really should be a paraflex sticky at the top of this board or it should be in the terms and conditions.

West

Name
Clint
where's the best place to buy the parker paraflex? Does it have a 250 degree temp rating? What about psi?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I haven't had the type of longevity that some of you have with parflex. 3-6 months and it bubbles at the ends from my "fire breathing" cds. I just bought 100 foot of signa? steel braid, and was surprised at how easy it coiled and handled. I'll just buy 100' a year and keep moving it back I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom