does anyone power wash with their unit?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I pressure wash mine from time to time.

Like any piece of equipment (mower, 4 wheeler, tractor etc) common sense dictates.
example..don't blow 3800 psi directly on wiring harness connections, switches, etc from a distance of 3 inches....

it helps to hose it down with a degreaser before PWing too

when done PWing, blow it off with compressed air or lawn/leaf blower thingie

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do it all the time when it's a sewer loss, it doesn't hurt the unit any (Butler & Prochem) but if I had a large project I'd rent a big unit.

You can get a unit at the rental yard that delivers larger volume and more pressure than our TM's put out and I'm not wearing out my machine.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Richard said it. If it’s a small job use your TM. If it’s a big job why use a 20,000.00 machine when a 2-3k machine will do the job and maybe do a better job. There are not too many truckmounts that can produce 3000 PSI and good water flow.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
michael;

The advantage you would have ...

is the heating ability along with full vacuum recovery.

Your TM can deliver 2000 PSI with full heat capability and vac recovery.

Pressure washers are having to buy vacuum systems,
to recover the dirty water from many jobs.

Just make sure you price for that recovery ability.

Larry

T

The Magician

I wipe my tm off often and never needs power washing but powerwash inside the tank. Wipe the out side of with wd 40. A trick I learned from meat.

now you see the dirt ....But where?

minuteman

I tried a few months ago when Both of Our PWashing Rig's where down, It was a JOKE!
No Pressure or Heat to mention of, The sad Thing is You Have $20Ges Wrapped up in a Machine and It will not Preform.
I than learned One for One Job & & The Other For That Job

And Top Hat With The Cane, Fill Out Ur Profile, Ur A Big Boy Now.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
:oops: :oops: :oops:

DOH

damn, i should have my 3rd cup of coffee and 6th smoke before i post in the morning.

I missed the question

I've PWed a little with our TM

as mentioned, it's a joke compared to a "real" hi-flow hi-PSI pressure washer.
also a big waste to use a $20K+ TM to do a job that a $1100 pressure washer will do better

Having said that, it's good to have a PW gun on the TM for the occasional light PW need that can present it's self

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I power wash with my unit every morning.
Hell we don't even have to clean the toilet half the time.

cbcsi

I keep a pressurewasher wand in my TM. But I would much rather use a small pressure washer for that kind of work. I hate when I have a hose break on the TM, and it seems like everytime I run 3K psi some hose will break.

I hate that. If I preventatively replaced hoses on my TM I probably wouldn't experience that, but I don't replace hoses unless I see corrosion around the connections or have some other reason to suspect it is going. solution hoses are the exception. I'd rather not have a hose break in the custys house.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Chad, that was our experience too. Just too much strain on the unit. I was pretty disappointed after paying for a Genesis 5.9.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom