Does barkeeper's friend remove acid splatter from stainless?

hanks75

Accidentally splattered tile and grout acid on GE Profile Refrigerator. I heard Barkeeper's Friend can remove the spots. Anyone else tried this?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
hanks75 said:
Accidentally splattered tile and grout acid on GE Profile Refrigerator. I heard Barkeeper's Friend can remove the spots. Anyone else tried this?

"A word to the WISE".....

Get an estimate of the cost to replace the panel.... :!:

Don,t waste your time trying to repair...

The client is VERY SELDOM...satisfied with the results..."Even if you get it PERFECT..."

When you get the Quote ..."Cut a check to the CLIENT"...Not the service company. :!:

Many times the NEW panel.."Will NOT MATCH"... :shock:

So let the client DEAL with the company that does the installation... :wink:

Gary T

Yes it can be repaired. Most of the time you cannot even notice where it was.

"A word to the WISE" Why spend $300-$1200 when you may not have to. It surely doesn't hurt to try. You may have to go over the entire front lightly with a microfiber and BKF to blend always with the grain. I fix stainless all the time and 99.9% of the time the clients are thrilled.

"Another word to the WISE" Go to Lowes or Home Cheapo and invest in some rolls of the pre-taped plastic masking. They run from $8-$11 per roll. Mask off the appliances. Takes just a few minutes and is a positive moment of truth which shows the custy you care about their stuff.

Buy the homeowner's kit from Scratch-B-Gone. It does work. Better than BKF and steel wool. I have been reconditioning SS grills for several years with BKF and steel wool and the SBG works better.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
C Pennington said:
Bar keeper friend......word to the wise....it works.

You girls are having fun with this... :roll:

Either one of you "WISE ASSES"...Wanna bet FiFtY... :?: That She will NOT accept the ATTEMPTED REPAIR.... :wink: "I trust that Hank 75 will tell us the truth.. :!: "

Gary T

I bet a Hundy that if I was to fix it, none of you guys who want to buy a new door for several hundred would even know there was ever damage. Just send me the $700 if you want to get rid of it so bad.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I have NEVER met a flooring "installer" that didn'T know everything... :roll:

I think after sooo many years of working on their knees...It "restricts" the blood flow
to their BrAin.... :mrgreen:

HARPER said:
C Pennington said:
Bar keeper friend......word to the wise....it works.

You girls are having fun with this... :roll:

Either one of you "WISE ASSES"...Wanna bet FiFtY... :?: That She will NOT accept the ATTEMPTED REPAIR.... :wink: "I trust that Hank 75 will tell us the truth.. :!: "

Without me cleaning no....lol but truthfully we have used it on ref.,dish,stoves various appliances about 6-7 times with sucess.... we have had an accidental sling of acid/tile cleaner on appliances.....funny thing is after several go back to fix, it quit happening! :shock:

Gary T

I think after sooo many years of working on their knees...It "restricts" the blood flow
to their BrAin..

I don't know you.....BUT....I have never met an Moron who didn't like parting with his money because he doesn't know SH*T and actually thinks he does.

I guess Viking calls "know it alls" cause they'll let just anyone repair their appliances. :? I'll just say I didn't gain my knowledge from some 1/2 day IICRC infomercial.

R

rotovacguy

Gary T said:

to their BrAin..

I don't know you.....BUT....I have never met an Moron who didn't like parting with his money because he doesn't know SH*T and actually thinks he does.

I guess Viking calls "know it alls" cause they'll let just anyone repair their appliances. :? I'll just say I didn't gain my knowledge from some 1/2 day IICRC infomercial.

Gary, do you get off acting like you know everything?

First off, dipshit, you don't use "an" when using a consonant word, as you did with "an moron". It gets used before any word beginning with a vowel. Need an example, or something you are used to hearing? OK...how about... AN asshole, or AN idiot...does that make sense?

Secondly, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Harper have more years in the industry than you? Do you know what training he's had? You already stated you don't know him, so how can you be sure he's only had a 1/2 day of IICRC training?

BTW....How's that tail heavy trailer of yours? I'd be glad to meet you in Milwaukee to show you a PROPERLY loaded trailer. :p

Gary T

Well since you claim to not make any typing errors, I guess that makes you a "perfect a$$hole". As for me knowing everything, I make it a point to know what I'm talking about through training and education before I run my mouth. He's the one who said SS can't be fixed and Viking does trust me to repair their equipment. I wonder how many years he's been fixing SS to validate that comment.

Oh yeah, that tail heavy trailer of mine was weighed at the dealership where I got some work done on it, they found it to be perfectly balanced. 4200lbs with 428 lbs of tongue weight.

And GFY!!!

R

rotovacguy

HARPER said:
hanks75 said:

"A word to the WISE".....

Get an estimate of the cost to replace the panel.... :!:

Don,t waste your time trying to repair...

The client is VERY SELDOM...satisfied with the results..."Even if you get it PERFECT..."

When you get the Quote ..."Cut a check to the CLIENT"...Not the service company. :!:

Many times the NEW panel.."Will NOT MATCH"... :shock:

So let the client DEAL with the company that does the installation... :wink:

Ok, Gary, you ridiculous freak, just where did Harper say it "couldn't be fixed"? He merely said even if you got it perfect, very seldom will they be satisfied. I tend to agree with him.

I make it a point to know what I'm talking about through training and education before I run my mouth.

Again, just how do you know the extent of Harper's training? The guy has been in the biz a lot longer than you and me, and runs a much larger company, as well. I'd gladly take his advise ANY DAY.

All I know is if I had someone come to my home and get acid on my frig, I'd want to know wtf they didn't mask it off!! ( No offense, Hanks75 ) And I certainly wouldn't want some side show freak, like yourself, to come try to "fix" what should never have been messed up to begin with.

Oh yeah, GFYMF!!!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mr. T.....

Are you SURE..you want to challenge my experience with SS... :?:

I will give you a little hint HERE... :wink:

I owned the ONLY body shop in the state of fl. that was AUTHORIZED to do repairs
on ROLLS ROYCE Stainless Steel Grills... :shock:

So maybe you should keep repairing ReFrIgAtOrS... :oops:

Ps If you were a decent "Tile Installer"....You probably would not have to PreTeNd
to be the MAYTAG man.... :idea:

Soooo..."Skin that Smokewagon"....or STFU.... :mrgreen:

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOIo]

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It's funny to read how crap starts :)

I think Harper was making light fun of you Gary. I don't know him personally but have read enough of his posts.

Unfortunately I think Harper is wrong on this one. Rolls Royce grills?. I would think that is shinny stainless right?. Even scratch b gone says their stuff doesn't work on the shinny stuff, only the brushed.

Albert

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey Albert...

You are correct.. I was just picking at Gary... :mrgreen:

I just like to PUSH their buttons..."When they come on that strong"... :p

Before I post on someones thread..I will pull-up their profile.. :idea:
When I saw that "Hank 75"..Had 0 years of experience in the biz..!
I thought the BEST advice was for him to RESOLVE the situation asap.. :!:

Hank ...did not give enough info. in his post IMO to send him off to do a SS
repair "attempt".. :wink: The odds are that he would "DIG a deeper hole for himself"

Sometimes it is BETTER to just "Stroke the check".... :(

The "RR" grills are a VERY high polished Stainless..."They are all individually HAND MADE"

To remove any small scratches ...You must use a "jeweler's rouge" $2500.00 just to polish.... :shock: 20 to 30 hours is required..the fins are a PITA... :twisted:

Gary T

Albert, I was just givin' it back is all.

Then some dickcheese had to chime in because he thinks he's an English professor who loads trailers on the side.

Mr Harper. How about comparing apples to apples. Polished SS is a completely different animal. I don't see the harm in rubbing a little BKF on some SS to remove a little oxidation which will remove the damage 99% of the time. I mean it's already damaged right? What's the harm in trying. But you'd rather cut a check.

Is that why you're suckin' rugs instead of running your one-off shop?

PS. Go slap yourself, somthin you should be used to.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gary T said:

Then some dickcheese had to chime in because he thinks he's an English professor who loads trailers on the side.

Mr Harper. How about comparing apples to apples. Polished SS is a completely different animal. I don't see the harm in rubbing a little BKF on some SS to remove a little oxidation which will remove the damage 99% of the time. I mean it's already damaged right? What's the harm in trying. But you'd rather cut a check.

Gary ...are you missing a couple of teeth in your TrOwEl... :roll:

My reference to thee "RR" grill...was to let you KNOW..that to assume the LIABIALTY
of a 18k part is a little more CHALLENGING...than your a"ExPeRt sKillS" as an appliance
repair HaCK... :oops:

You Have "NO" idea if this fridge is 10years old, if it is coated SS, the EXPECTATION of
the client, or if it is located in a single-wide trailer...or a 750k home... :idea:

Yet you are telling a NEWBIE...to grab the steel wool & BKF.."AND HAVE AT IT"..:shock:

Ps I am retired ...DoEuChBaG... :wink:
Keep spreading that ThInSeT...genius...You might want to "EaSe-OfF"..on sipping the Laticrete... :idea:

carry on... :mrgreen:
142041fu2c5klj9.jpg

Pss..Don't take my response..PERSONAL..!!!
""Because PeRsOnAl ATTACKS are...NOT allowed..." :wink:

R

rotovacguy

Gary T said:

Hey assmunch, I didn't do it on the side, it was my profession for over 15 years. Dude, I'll school your dumbass on that shit all day and night.

BTW, you STILL didn't give me any credible info, or anyone here to side with what you claim to be true, whereas I gave many samples, and can give many more, but I think the point is pretty clear that you're ego won't allow you to say you're wrong.

Harper, you won't get anywhere with this numbskull, but have to admit, it's good for some laughs. And I agree with you 100%, Gary is making ASSumptions without even seeing said refrigerator, or knowing the customers expectations. Quite the ego on ol' Gary, indeed.

Gary T

Harps did you say retired or retarded? Hard to tell with your nifty typing there.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
HELLO....Hank 75.... :?:

Sorry me & the Boys...Hijacked your thread... :oops:

Do you have an Update... :?:

BTW...were you using "VIPER RENEW"..for your acid wash... :?:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom