Administrator
20131119_102315_zpsef4a4f99.jpg

no?

fools...

win a set of three Duks HERE

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't have any videos or pictures right now..but the way I do it, is put the corner guard on the railing and slap a piece of blue tape on it to hold it in place

Another way: wrap towels around railing where ever the hoses would touch.

steve_64

you obviously have never used a Aerotech/Vortex...

lol nope. mine ball up on the landing but i also leave enough slack so they dont pull on corners. then again im just a hack so dont mind my ignorance mikey.

so was this picture on set up or after you were already done?

steve_64

im not trying to bash products here. but in eight years ive tried corner gaurds a few times but found they werent worth the trouble unless youre trying to impress a customer with buloney. ive never gouged a corner that ive noticed and yes i do pay attention. i dont pull hoses around corners, i pick them up as i go. and my machine pulls the hoses back too, thats why i leave slack in them. i assume you have enough hose to do that.

i also see your hose is crushed a bit in the pic. how much vac are you losing by doing it your way?

Name
I'm Rick James
The Duk guards replace all other corner guards.. some things are worth spending a few extra bucks on, like good toilet paper and bread. Same goes for this product, we use them everyday for the last few months or so and cannot appreciate them enough.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yes, as a matter of fact I do. A good, innovative product. BUT - they could also think about a middle hinged design. Just sayin'..

steve_64

you really haven't run a VAT... I could pinch the hose off 90% and still have more suck that any 45 blower pos.

yah yah yah yours is bigger than mine. but do you really make it a habit to be stingy with the amount of hose you pull out on a job?

steve_64

If it means adding another 50 feet over using a corner guard?

Do I really have to answer that question?

youre too funny mike.

i think the spring loaded part is about them hanging onto the corners instead of being pulled off them so as not needing to be taped to the stair case. a problem i had with corner gaurds too. if yours pulls like you say, youd have figured that one out. :stir:

steve_64

another problem with your way mike is that your dragging hoses along the edge of the bannisters. keep the hoses in the middle or as i do along the outer wall and you wont do that neither.

just saying.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll try to get a pic up later. I've been wrestling with the old (bright orange) ones for years. I'm convinced someone could make a better hose hook too. The rubber on the hook part always strips off within 2 days...

The Clean Machine

Back
Top Bottom